Apple posts iPod shuffle ad | iLounge News

Apple posts iPod shuffle ad

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, January 11, 2005
News Categories: iPod

Apple has posted a commercial for its newly announced iPod shuffle, which features the song “Jerk It Outâ€? by The Caesars. Like previous iPod ads, the new spot features silhouetted dancers with iPods, this time in front of a lime green background (lime green is the color of the iPod shuffle’s packaging) with a moving shuffle icon from iPod/iTunes.

« Apple’s Jobs gives update on iPod iTunes Sales

Made for iPod: the safety badge we’ve hoped for? »

Comments

anybody else getting slightly tired of the silhouette ads?

Posted by dethbrakr in Tacoma, WA on January 12, 2005 at 7:01 AM (PDT)

no way. they are retro and cool > : <

Posted by >nATHAN in UK on January 12, 2005 at 9:08 AM (PDT)

what i can’t understand is how can something with no screen still only get 12 hours of battery life?

it should get like 40.

Posted by OMGWTFSTFU in United States on January 12, 2005 at 10:37 AM (PDT)

how can something with no screen still only get 12 hours of battery life

Not all batteries are created equal. You get what you pay for. Apple probably shaved a dollar or so off their manufacturing cost by paying for a lower-capacity, cheaper battery. I wonder what the “20-hour battery extender” will look like. I predict in a year or so that’ll be the standard shuffle battery.

You can get AAAs in mAH ranges from 700 to 1050. The price differential between the low-capacity and the high-capacity AAAs is over 100%. There’s even the possibility that instead of NiMH Apple went with NiCd (although this seems unlikely) and in that case the power storage drops to around 500 mAH! You could probably do very well buying a high-capacity 1000 mAH from something like Thomas Batteries and dropping it into the shuffle - that should increase the playtime.

Having finally had the chance to play around with the shuffle I can say that it has a nice heft but *damn* this thing is huge! (for a Flash player with no screen). I mean, “smaller than a pack of gum”? What kind of weird gum do they chew in Apple.

Posted by Demosthenes on January 12, 2005 at 10:55 AM (PDT)

“I guess the size comes from being determined to incorporate the wheel motif - as I predicted all along. Without the wheel, they could have halved the size of the shuffle.”

I’m so glad we have you to predict these things for us and educate us about batteries.  Seriously man, get a life.

Posted by ipod21 on January 12, 2005 at 11:47 AM (PDT)

I’m so glad we have you to predict these things for us and educate us about batteries. Seriously man, get a life.

I’m also so glad you continue your inestimable record of content-free posting and clue-free existence.

Posted by Demosthenes on January 12, 2005 at 12:17 PM (PDT)

oooo ipod21 got skooled…. lol ...I agree, the shuffle is bigger than I expected

Posted by firmware in CA on February 14, 2005 at 2:17 PM (PDT)

dudes just save up the money and buy a mini

Posted by ice_nine on June 24, 2005 at 6:18 PM (PDT)