Apple posts iTunes Store Best of 2006 charts
Apple has posted its 2006 year-end iTunes charts, revealing the 100 most downloaded albums and songs on the iTunes Store in the U.S. The No. 1 album for the year on iTunes was The Fray’s “How To Save A Life,” while Daniel Powter’s “Bad Day” was the top track of the year. Below are the 10 most downloaded albums and tracks in the U.S. on iTunes for 2006. Apple said that iTunes top 100 download charts are also being released for all 20 countries where iTunes has had a store for a year or more.
Top 10 Albums
1. Fray - How To Save A Life
2. John Mayer - Continuum
3. Jack Johnson & Friends - Curious George
4. James Blunt - Back To Bedlam
5. Justin Timberlake - Futuresex/Love Sounds
6. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
7. Dixie Chicks - Taking The Long Way
8. High School Musical - Soundtrack
9. Panic! At The Disco - Fever You Can’t Sweat Out
10. Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
Top 10 Tracks
1. Daniel Powter - Bad Day
2. Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous
3. James Blunt - You’re Beautiful
4. Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
5. Sean Paul - Temperature
6. Justin Timberlake - Sexyback
7. The Fray- Over My Head (Cable Car)
8. Shakira - Hips Don’t Lie
9. Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten
10. Chamillionaire - Ridin’
- Apple Music service to include social pages for artists
- Apple streaming music service to provide limited free listening options
- OpenTV sues Apple for alleged patent infringement
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1.2 with OS X Photos app support
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?