Apple posts new iPod commercial | iLounge News

Apple posts new iPod commercial

Apple has posted a new iPod TV commercial for viewing at Apple.com which features “Channel Surfing” by Feature Cast. It had been shown for the first time during Steve Job’s Keynote speech at Macworld San Francisco.

Comments

Wow, Black Eyed Peas are getting out there, first xm radio - their song ‘shut up’ plays and ipod ad, cool beans!

Posted by Kirara in KS on October 9, 2003 at 9:16 AM (CDT)

Yeah good way to forever associate your music with a product and brand and not with yourself or art.  Congrats.

Posted by enfused on October 9, 2003 at 8:50 PM (CDT)

Looks good!

Posted by -i2i- on January 19, 2004 at 11:38 AM (CST)

i think i saw that last night. must have been during one of the football games

Posted by ctrent on January 19, 2004 at 2:32 PM (CST)

Dang it, you can’t buy the song (Channel Surfing by Feature Cast) on the iTMS! Actually, I can’t seem to find the band anywhere. Shame… it’s a good song!

Posted by Adrian on January 19, 2004 at 3:02 PM (CST)

still doesnt really tell u what it does tho. snaz none-the-less. however, thinking about what i’ve jsut said most people either own one now, or know someone that does. im looking forward to the day where almost everyone has them (the new walkman) and we’ll be the daddies (and mummies!) and theyll be the children (mini iPods)

Posted by silver_haze20 on January 19, 2004 at 4:14 PM (CST)

I’ve never been impressed by these ads.

Posted by Chris on January 19, 2004 at 4:40 PM (CST)

I agree with Chris.  I don’t know why they keep dragging along this poor advertising campaign, it actually pisses me off more than it attracts me to iPods.

Posted by mrbdvd on January 19, 2004 at 8:12 PM (CST)

I think Apple should put those songs on the iPod, so you have 3-4 songs to test the device immediatly, just to.. you know, please you that few minutes till it’s connected.

When I’ll actually get mine (I waited to long for the amazon.com offer, now the price went up, does anyone know if it comes down again or so?) I know that I gonna have problems gettin’ songs on there, and I gonna be shaking until I can listen to at least one song on this goodness in white..

waargh :)

I love the music and style of the comercials, though it really doesn’t give you an idea - well, people who’d buy an iPod right now will probably be attracted by the comercial, and gonna log on to apple.com..

Posted by Obi-Lan on January 19, 2004 at 9:19 PM (CST)

Ever tried to dance with the earphones plugged in like they do in this commercial? Impossible…

Posted by podLover on January 19, 2004 at 10:12 PM (CST)

Someone on the train asked me if I could dance like the guys on the commercial.  I promtply responded with “I must be able to—I bought the iPod because it told me I could.”

Posted by dethbrakr in Tacoma, WA on January 19, 2004 at 10:21 PM (CST)

i like these commercials - they are fun - though i hate steve jobs.  dont u guys agree?

Posted by gabe on January 19, 2004 at 11:28 PM (CST)

Like them or not, they probably wouldn’t be airing the commercials if they didn’t sell iPods. As far as dancing with white headphones in, give the in-ear’s a try!

...and I like Steve Jobs.

Posted by Adrian on January 20, 2004 at 8:30 AM (CST)

iLove these commercials!
Steve is my God ;) LOL

Posted by Unbeliever on January 20, 2004 at 2:55 PM (CST)

Steve Jobs’ well-deserved sobriquet at Apple (and later at NeXT) was “reality distortion field.” Many times I had seen him baldly tell a lie to suppliers, reporters, employees, investors, and to me; Stross’s book provides many examples of this. When caught, Jobs’s tactic was to apologize profusely and appear contrite; then he’d do it again. His charm and apparent sincerity took in nearly everybody he dealt with, even after they’d been burnt a few times. For those who didn’t know him he seemed utterly credible.

—-

I invented the Macintosh.

Posted by jef raskin on January 20, 2004 at 3:03 PM (CST)

I just wanted to know the name of the song that is in the new ipod comercial. The one that sounds like a cross between house and hip hop music. If any one knows, please let me know.

Posted by robert on January 28, 2004 at 8:29 PM (CST)

was also wonderin the hip hop song on the new ipod line dance comercial… thanks

Posted by sweetsuthngrl on October 1, 2004 at 1:01 PM (CDT)