Apple posts trio of iPhone 3G TV ads | iLounge News

Apple posts trio of iPhone 3G TV ads

image

Apple has released three new television ads for the iPhone 3G. All three ads, “Lonely Planet,” “Cro Mag,” and “Vicinity,” highlight the process of launching, browsing, and purchasing from the App Store, each using a different application displayed on the phone in front of a plain white background, but using the same narration. “Lonely Planet” highlights the Lonely Planet Mandarin Phrasebook, “Cro Mag” features Pangea Software’s Cro-Mag Rally, and “Vicinity” spotlights ActiveGuru’s app of the same name. All three ads are now available for viewing on Appleā€™s website.

« Mix: T-Mobile, iPhone 3G testing, 3G speeds survey, Video boombox

iLounge announces iDuo Dock Giveaway »

Comments

We don’t need no crapy ads, we need a phone that work, damn it.

Posted by pissed on August 25, 2008 at 9:40 AM (CDT)

Ironic they should be advertising the app store. A large number of users are having problems with apps and iPhone. I haven’t seen a thread around here about it, but I have seen them on other boards where users (like me) are having serious problems when doing certain things, causing the iPhone to brick (Apple logo stays stuck on screen when rebooting). You must them restore the device. Except that even then, restores don’t not fully restore the device, forcing you to reset.

Installing a large number of apps (say 50+) or using the iPhone app store to upgrade an app casues the reboot of death. And it just doesn’t reboot on you on its own, like a crash. That’s what’s a pain about this. Everything seems fine until you reboot manually. Then you are dead.

Posted by Dale Reeck on August 25, 2008 at 10:09 AM (CDT)

In my case, if one app crashes, or if I reboot the device, all installed apps are unusable. When you click on them they put up a screen and then goes back to home screen. The only way out is to restore the device back to factory and reload apps.

Posted by Ron Hayden on August 25, 2008 at 10:42 AM (CDT)

For the record, mine works great. Updates install fine (no duplicates), apps show up in iTunes whether I downloaded on the phone or my Mac, apps have crashed but have never taken down the whole phone.

Posted by Jonathan Horton on August 25, 2008 at 11:35 AM (CDT)

Firstly, I don’t own a iPhone.
An iPhone is an mini computer and can anyone tell me if an iPhone can suffer from uploading to many apps? And apps conflicting with other apps? Also, a computer need X amount of free space to operate properly and is this not the case with the iPhone? 8GB - 1GB free say to operate?
Just my thoughts.

Posted by Simon on August 25, 2008 at 11:43 AM (CDT)

I had never issues with my 1Gen iPhone; my 2Gen iPhone i had to send bacl last week because of backlight coming through a gap between the crome frame and the actl. touch screen. I also had applications that crashed but if I deleted and downloaded a applicaiton again that fixed it most of the time.

Now I had to send back my exchanged iPhone which i received last week because when i pluged up my iphone on the USB to the computer, talk on the phone and the crome frame touches your ear. There was a electric voltage i felt. It felt like when you touch your tounge with one ov these 9V batteries.

I called the tech support which were friendly and helpfull but it is time consuming. I stayed on the phone for 79minutes, and they will call me back today again for some safety question and concerning to wave the $29 charge for getting a new iPhone first and send my damadged one back after.

.... im tired of typing now…. but i still love my iPhone ;-)

Posted by Dennis on August 25, 2008 at 12:08 PM (CDT)

What?  Nobody is complaining about the “unreal” time involved with downloading and app, installing it, and using it?  Didn’t a previous thread argue about the integrity of apple of showing things on an advertisement that were modified to fit into a thirty second ad?

I’m being sarcastic here…I have no problem with any of these ads, and I do not subscribe to the thought that a demonstrated program has to work as fast as demonstrated in a commercial.  In my experience, downloading an app and installing it is about a two minute process, over wi-fi.

But the ad’s right…everything is different, and everything has changed…with the iPhone, not necessarily the 3G.

Posted by Doctor on August 25, 2008 at 1:23 PM (CDT)