Apple readying 60GB iPod | iLounge News

Apple readying 60GB iPod

Toshiba today announced that it will offer a 60GB version of its 1.8-inch hard drive in the coming months and that Apple has already placed its order. Cindy Lee, deputy manager of Toshiba’s hard disk drive division, said the drive will enter mass production during July or August. All three iPod models (15GB, 20GB and 40GB) use Toshiba drives, while the iPod mini uses a 4GB 1-inch drive from Hitachi. Lee noted that Toshiba is currently shipping 350,000 of the 1.8-inch drives per month to Apple.

« Griffin announces iTrip mini FM Transmitter for iPod mini

What does the “i” in iPod stand for? »

Comments

I’ll help you get one, kid. In a well structured essay, please explain why you feel that one of us shoud donate $300 to you so you can have an iPod. If you have solid reasons, I’ll send you an iPod. Oh, and it has to be at least 500 words. Just post it here.

Posted by Sam on June 2, 2004 at 8:16 AM (PDT)

And those words have to be spelled correctly, sentences be grammatically correct and I’ll donate also.

Posted by honeybee1236 on June 2, 2004 at 8:34 AM (PDT)

Can Apple make the battery last longer instead of making a bigger capacity drive?  Yes they can.  I need to have a longer batter life span. arggggghhhhhhhhhh

Posted by toothpaste in NYC on June 2, 2004 at 8:44 AM (PDT)

is this essay open to anyone?

Posted by toothpaste in NYC on June 2, 2004 at 8:46 AM (PDT)

With regard to the battery, there is no reason with current technology that battery life cannot be improved substantially without increasing size (by substantially I mean 12 hours or even more is attainable).  I agree that size is important—you’re not going to see a 36 hour battery at the expensive of increasing the ipod’s size—it’s a critical part of the ipod’s success.

Posted by dmt1 on June 2, 2004 at 8:46 AM (PDT)

me— Get a savings account and put your allowance in there.  Start mowing neighbors lawns, babysitting, etc and SAVE the money…

I didn’t just get my ipod handed to me…  I had to do 15+ hours of compositing video effects to get enough money to JUSTIFY paying for it, before I bought it.

Just cause some of us are adults doesn’t mean we have giant bank accounts and are willing to sponsor a kid’s music habit…

Aside from that…  This better be a video Ipod they’re aiming for, because I don’t want another model ipod.  I want some innovation.  QT video has always looked better to me than WMV videos, and if apple jumped on this, I’d buy one, super quick.

Posted by ajservo on June 2, 2004 at 9:16 AM (PDT)

OH MY GOD YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING.

I just got a 40GB iPod on MONDAY!!! I really cant believe this…

Posted by ipodphreak on June 2, 2004 at 10:41 AM (PDT)

I share your pain—the 40g came out within days of me getting my 30g.

Grrr….

Sixty-frickin’-gigs!  I could re-burn all of my CD’s in the lossless setting.

Posted by Piranhahaha on June 2, 2004 at 10:46 AM (PDT)

Why I deserve an ipod

Hello I am ME I came to Canada in July, 2001. When I came here I was new and I didnít know a lot of English, I worked very hard to learn English. In school I was the target of racism and I felt very insecure, I wanted to go back to my country but it is not that easy, since 40 rupees from my country convert to one Canadian dollar. I came here and I wanted a Xbox and I knew I couldnít buy one so I had to save up all the gift money and all my lunch money for I and half year to buy a Xbox and 2 games thatís all I have bought since then. I like music a lot and thatís why I wanted an ipod. One day I saw the ipod add on the T.V and was very interested in it, so I went on the internet and looked and read about it, but when I saw the price I knew I could never buy it. I wanted it so bad that I sometimes went to best buy and just played with it. I saw some of my friends with and I felt more urge to get it. I have been reading about the ipod for about a year and I visit ipodlounge every single day. I donít have the money to buy and ipod and even if I did my dad wouldnít let me buy it because he thinks itís a waste of money. After asking everybody who I know have ipods for info on getting an ipod for cheap and not getting any help I thought I try you guys. I am saving up for it but its not helping much. I know that it is not a necessity for a kid to own an ipod, but I wish I could explain to you how bad I want it. I have signed up on many of the pop-ups where they say you can win an ipod, but they only send me junk mail. I know you might think why cant I just buy a cd player, but the fact is that I like everything about the ipod that I wont but anything else. It is so small and nice that I just want to keep it in my pocket all the time, some times I even imagine that I have and just think that I am listening to it. I am not mental I am just crazy about the ipod. I am not in grade 6 and I am not 11 years old I am actually 14 year old and go to grade 9. I live in Orangeville, Ontario, Canada.  I hope you hear and can help me in some way. Please help me get an ipod. Thanks a lot for reading and I hope you guys keep enjoying your ipod. If you want to say anything my email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) Please put IPOD in the subject. Thanks a lot. bye

Posted by ME on June 2, 2004 at 10:46 AM (PDT)

60Gigabytes? I’d better start doing some more illegal downloads!

Posted by Stylescraper on June 2, 2004 at 10:49 AM (PDT)

tear…..as for the size….kinda upset since my 40 only has one gig left….o well…cant have evverything in the world can we “me”!!!!!

good luck and where did you emigrate from?(not familiar with a rupee)

Posted by rivlinm on June 2, 2004 at 10:59 AM (PDT)

PAkistan, Asia

Posted by Me on June 2, 2004 at 11:02 AM (PDT)

heh…  “me”

GL   wink

Posted by XBarbarian on June 2, 2004 at 11:08 AM (PDT)

i did migrate from Pakistan, and when i said the size i meant the ohysical size not the harddrive

Posted by Me on June 2, 2004 at 11:12 AM (PDT)

I also want a Ferrarri.  Sometimes I just pretend I am driving it.  I make “brrr brrrr” sounds with my mouth as I sit in my seat at school and pretend I am driving my cherry red Ferrarri Modena.  You might say that I should just get a cheaper Ferrarri Testarossa, but I just want a Modena so much I can feel it deep inside my bowels.  I visit FerrariLounge everyday and I even go to the Ferrari dealership everyweek just to sit in one since they won’t let me testdrive one without any sort of bank account or credit history.  Please help me all my friends think Ferrarri’s are cool and it would really help me do better in school.  I can’t imagine sitting in anything else.  In fact I walk to school instead of letting my dad drive me in his horrible minivan.  Please help email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by Me Too on June 2, 2004 at 11:14 AM (PDT)

‘ME too’ i hope you could get your ferari but what the point of making fun of someones elses wishes

Posted by ME on June 2, 2004 at 11:24 AM (PDT)

Sam and Honey bee i got the S.A done read it plz

Posted by ME on June 2, 2004 at 11:26 AM (PDT)

60 gigs? WHO HAS 60 gigs of music, unless you run a radio station? Apple has other plans for the ipod i’m sure.

Posted by ahMEmon on June 2, 2004 at 11:42 AM (PDT)

WHO HAS 60 gigs of music

I have 650GB of mp3s online. I can’t wait until I can carry it all around with me in my pocket. The server it currently sits in weighs around 100 pounds.

Posted by Supersize It! on June 2, 2004 at 12:06 PM (PDT)

Hey “Me Too”:  Give the kid a break!

Posted by Greg on June 2, 2004 at 12:06 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 5 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >  Last »