Apple registers Nike+ icons, interface for EC design protection
A number of new international design registrations indicate that Apple is moving to protect the icons and interface of the Nike+ application found on the second-generation iPod touch. Images supplied by Apple for European Community design protection show the application in different states, including the Workouts menu both with and without a calibration option, the sensor detection screen, and the app’s Now Playing screen in various states, both portrait and landscape. Alongside these screenshot design registrations are listings for each of the icons on the app’s Workouts screen, including a circle icon for basic workouts, a stop watch for timed workouts, a road icon for distance-focused workouts, a fire icon for workouts with a calorie burning goal, and a target icon for the calibration option. Notably, each of the screenshot designs feature the iPod mark in the upper left-hand corner, offering no further evidence that Apple plans to add Nike+ support to the iPhone. All of the design screenshots can be found by searching this database.
- Apple already publishing iOS 9 Tips in latest developer betas
- Apple releases second iOS 9, watchOS 2 betas to developers
- Apple takes App Analytics out of beta, adds new features
- iOS 9 keyboard hints at ‘iPad Pro’
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta with redesigned Music app
- Apple debuts iOS 9, introduces Proactive Assistant
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- AppleCare+ now covers battery replacement at 80% of original capacity
- Elton John, Pharrell, Dr. Dre, Drake, St. Vincent, others to host Beats 1 shows
- Apps containing Confederate flag pulled from App Store
- Taylor Swift’s ‘1989’ album to stream on Apple Music
- Apple publishes detailed list of Siri HomeKit commands
- Apple to pay 0.2 cents per song during Apple Music free trial
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Monitors
- SwitchEasy Canvas + Rave for iPad Air 2
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?