Apple releases 1.0.1 Update for iPod shuffle (2G) | iLounge News

Apple releases 1.0.1 Update for iPod shuffle (2G)

Apparently only available for PC users at this time, Apple Computer has released a version 1.0.1 Software Update for the second-generation iPod shuffle, available via iTunes 7.0.2. According to the notes accompanying the download, version 1.0.1 includes inspecific “bug fixes,” and nothing else. As of the time of posting, it does not yet appear as an update for Macintosh users of the new shuffle.

Updated: The Update appears for both PC and Mac shuffle 2G users, however, you may have to “restore” the shuffle in order for the update to appear in iTunes.

« Thought Out discloses The KEY for iPod shuffle (2G)

Fastmac announces “Just Say No To Crack” iPod LCD Rehab Program »

Comments

I’m on a Mac and I got the update yesterday (November 2).

Posted by Tim Kersey on November 3, 2006 at 3:36 PM (CST)

same here

Posted by Brad on November 3, 2006 at 3:54 PM (CST)

Updated fine on my MAC.

Noticed it fixed the bug with the clip, much more secure hanging on my clothes now.

If only they would send an update to make it easier to play Zuma on this thing I’d be all set ;)

Posted by PodFather on November 3, 2006 at 7:45 PM (CST)

I installed iTunes 7.02 on my mac tonight, plugged in my shuffle and found the update immediately afterwards on my mac.  This post is incorrect and should be deleted from ilounge.com.

Posted by Eric Wayne on November 4, 2006 at 12:38 AM (CST)

I was involved yesterday in the setup of two second generation shuffles on two different PC’s. On the first one iTunes 7.0.2 immediately identified that the Shuffle needed to be updated to 1.0.1 and went through the routine, but on the second machine it did not. Clicking on the restore button did the trick and the update to 1.0.1 commenced. Perhaps anyone on either Mac or PC could try this suggestion if they are having this issue.

Posted by madammelb on November 4, 2006 at 1:38 AM (CST)

I plugged my new shuffle to the mac and i got the update notification :)

Posted by William Li on November 4, 2006 at 2:16 AM (CST)