Apple releases 1.2.2 update for fifth-generation iPod | iLounge News

Apple releases 1.2.2 update for fifth-generation iPod

Apple has released its iPod software version 1.2.2 for fifth-generation iPods. According to Apple, the update simply contains “bug fixes.” It has yet to be seen if the update makes any apparent changes in functionality. iPod software version 1.2.2 is available now via the Update feature in iTunes.

« Alpine debuts eX-10 Advanced iPod Controller with Bluetooth

Hoodies rolls out ipodHoodies for nano, touch, classic »

Comments

Does this update provide a battery status indicator in iTunes 7.5?

Posted by m0nkey on November 14, 2007 at 9:28 AM (PDT)

i just downloaded the latest software 1.2.2 and now when i sync my iPod with iTunes the ipod is empty when it is finished.  I can watch it transfer everything and when i disconnect the ipod there is nothing on there.  totally bizarre.
Posted by nate on November 13, 2007 at 5:37 PM (PDT)

mine did this too. still not working

Posted by chiko on November 14, 2007 at 10:16 AM (PDT)

I installed it, no problem so far.
I read somewhere that it should only apply to european market. It said the fix is to limit the sound power to comply to european laws. Protecting our ears, that is. I guess. No more changes, I think.

Posted by jsan on November 14, 2007 at 10:56 AM (PDT)

I’d be okay without cover flow on my 5th Gen.  What I would like to see is the display improvements.  The new Classic just looks nice with the shadow and reflection stuff on the Now Playing screen.  Very pretty and it shouldn’t require too much processor to get it either so getting it on the 5th Gens shouldn’t be too hard.

Posted by mkoby on November 14, 2007 at 11:55 AM (PDT)

I checked for an update and it keeps telling me that 1.0.2 is the current version.

For those of you wishing for the new classic ‘look’ on your older ipod, don’t.  This new ipod and its interface is a nightmare.

Mike

Posted by vwtouaregmike on November 14, 2007 at 1:03 PM (PDT)

!!!  Finally my iPod 5th gen is speedy.  I used to have an iPod Photo and it was very zippy when searching through the menus.  Ever since I got the 5th gen 30gb I was shocked at how buggy and slow the menus were and how stilted the navigation around the iPod was.  I thought it may have been that they didn’t upgrade the hardware between the two even though they did stick in a substantially bigger screen.  This update fixes all that.  Get it and enjoy!

Posted by spider8 on November 14, 2007 at 1:05 PM (PDT)

Are people saying they lost all there music or couldnt find it after installing the new update?

Posted by allan michael on November 14, 2007 at 2:02 PM (PDT)

Oh..I see you have to have 7.5…i got it and am now gonna put in the update….thx!

Posted by allan michael on November 14, 2007 at 2:06 PM (PDT)

works great now!

Posted by allan michael on November 14, 2007 at 2:14 PM (PDT)

It keeps telling me that my software version 1.0.2 is up to date.  Anyone else experiencing this?

mike

Posted by vwtouaregmike on November 14, 2007 at 2:55 PM (PDT)

Beiler -

There is no “lower” carotid artery.  Perhaps you meant common, external, or internal carotid artery?

Regardless, I wouldn’t pull the lodged fragment out unless you have a lot of towels nearby.  Good luck.

Posted by jhiken on November 14, 2007 at 3:19 PM (PDT)

Have 7.5 on a PC running Vista, just did the update on my 5th Gen. and it’s working fine.

Posted by INDY MIKE on November 14, 2007 at 8:20 PM (PDT)

I as well ran the update when i saw it, and POOF!  I was so pissed when I saw all my content had disappeared… I’m updating itunes to 7.5 now, so hopefully it’ll work.

We all should learn a lesson from this and check for problems with updates before running the update in the future… :(

SHAME ON APPLE FOR THIS

Posted by peakaboo on November 14, 2007 at 10:52 PM (PDT)

I had the same problem, then I installed iTunes 7.5, and that seemed to solve everything.

But man, this sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.  Breaking / giving less features based on the fact that people have older machines….....

Posted by guy40 on November 14, 2007 at 11:24 PM (PDT)

Absolutely disgusted.

Has someone taken any actions against apple yet? I as well have the issue of the ipod showing nothing stored on it following the uopdate. I tried reset, hard reset and then iTunes seemed to be syncing about 2GB. When i was able to unplug the same… NO SONGS, NO VIDEOS, NO PHOTOS….. This is very irresponsible from Apple. Could this issue be related to the version of iTunes installed? I will try to update my iTunes just in case the current ver i have has some incompatibility issue!!!

Posted by Ibrahim SAMEE UDDIN on November 15, 2007 at 1:04 AM (PDT)

tried to reformat my 5g from my xp pc to my mac running leopard and both are running itunes 7.5 and install 1.2.2. the sync left the ipod blank or with some random tracks. i reformated on the pc and all was fine. repeated the reformat on the mac and it worked with some read only error messages. is this update os senisitive?

Posted by steve sheppard on November 15, 2007 at 2:49 AM (PDT)

Wow, Apple seems to reach new lows on a pretty regular basis these days….

Posted by michael on November 15, 2007 at 8:40 AM (PDT)

I have the exact same problem as everyone else. 1.2.2 either removed all my songs, or made them invisible. Restoring the ipod did not fix this. I am now updating my itunes to the current version and hoping that will fix the issue. Itunes wouldn’t let me restore my ipod to the old version, it forced me to keep 1.2.2, so i couldn’t just “undo” the update. :(

Posted by missy on November 15, 2007 at 10:59 AM (PDT)

Why do some many people keep writing about the same issue and invisable songs on their iPod when the answer has been reported near the start of this thread?

Update your iTunes version!!!

Posted by Sir Alien in United Kingdom on November 15, 2007 at 12:11 PM (PDT)

This is a wonderful observation, Sir Alien, however, some of us can’t update our iTunes!!!

Don’t have Windows XP/Vista so no iTunes update availble.

Still no fix here. Would be happy to just get 1.2.2 OFF!

Posted by AliJ on November 15, 2007 at 1:01 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3 >