Apple releases 1.2.2 update for fifth-generation iPod | iLounge News

Apple releases 1.2.2 update for fifth-generation iPod

Apple has released its iPod software version 1.2.2 for fifth-generation iPods. According to Apple, the update simply contains “bug fixes.” It has yet to be seen if the update makes any apparent changes in functionality. iPod software version 1.2.2 is available now via the Update feature in iTunes.

« Alpine debuts eX-10 Advanced iPod Controller with Bluetooth

Hoodies rolls out ipodHoodies for nano, touch, classic »

Comments

Odd. iTunes says 1.2.1 is up to date on my 60gb 5th gen.

Posted by snoogly on November 15, 2007 at 3:21 PM (CST)

I got the pop up message asking me to dowload and install 1.2.2 i said yes, nothing happened.  I’m still running 1.2.1 and now when I click on update it says 1.2.1 is up to date.

Maybe apple realised it was bugged and pulled it?

Posted by Scott on November 15, 2007 at 3:39 PM (CST)

Odd. iTunes says 1.2.1 is up to date on my 80gb 5.5th gen.

Posted by Regis on November 15, 2007 at 3:45 PM (CST)

I’m getting the same message - that 1.2.1 is up-to-date for my 5G 30GB. Maybe iLounge should look into this?

Posted by Multimoog on November 15, 2007 at 7:38 PM (CST)

Same here. 5G 60GB iPod says 1.2.1 is up to date.

Posted by Tenchi211 in California on November 16, 2007 at 1:40 AM (CST)

same here 5g 60 gb, it’s up to date.

Posted by gonzalo on November 16, 2007 at 6:11 AM (CST)

Something happened.  I attempted to update my 5.5 generation video ipod (after having updated to itunes 7.5) and itunes said that my version 1.2.1 was the most current.  Did Apple remove the update?

Posted by David on November 16, 2007 at 8:04 PM (CST)

I installed this update on my 5th gen the day it was released using iTunes 7.5 and had no issues. just went to restore it and gave me a pop p saying the most up to date version is 1.2.1 not 1.2.2 guess apple heard you guys.hopefully they will fix the bug and release one last update for my old friend

Posted by Steve on November 17, 2007 at 2:05 AM (CST)

running a mac formatted ipod on my xp laptop, updated to 1.2.2 and then the hard drive arm kept clicking. arduously backed up everything, reformat for pc, not working.  reformat for mac, not working.  running itunes 7.5 and cannot get anything to work.  can load about 10 songs onto my 60 gig gen5, but it will only play half of one before freezing up.  multiple restores, reformats, no solution.  now back to 1.2.1 anyone else have a completely crapped out ipod from this?  like no workie at all?  not just missing songs?

Posted by syphon on November 17, 2007 at 1:54 PM (CST)

syphon yes that sounds like my problem but mine was pc formated, i reformated to mac and then problems happened. however all seams to be fine now i’m back on pc with 1.2.1. hope they sort out the update.

Posted by steve sheppard on November 19, 2007 at 1:58 PM (CST)

yeah, my 60 gig 5g went to upgrade to 1.2.2, and then when i actually went to download it, it stopped, didn’t download anything, and then said that 1.2.1 was the most current version. weird!

Posted by ginjaninja on November 20, 2007 at 7:06 AM (CST)

Hey, Same thing happened to me, when   I updated my iPod my songs and Podcasts etc., are not on my iPod any more. But I can still play the songs in iTunes. Can I fix this?

Posted by Adam on November 23, 2007 at 3:33 PM (CST)

Unbelieveable, I have been getting an error message (-48) when trying to sync my 5th generation iPod.  I have searched everywhere for days looking for a resolution and I came upon this…finally.  I updated to 7.5 and my errors are completely resolved.  Thank you Thank you!

Posted by my2girls23 on November 27, 2007 at 4:04 PM (CST)

Itunes no longer recognizes my 5th generation ipod. I have windows xp.  I had to reinstall windows in my computer, and now my library is gone.  Apple prompts me to install latest version of Itunes, but I cant because I dont have windows service pac 2, and I cant update that from microsoft. Itunes helper pops up and says an ipod has been detected, but the software is not installed. I dont have the software, and cant find it at apple.com.

Posted by Mike on June 28, 2008 at 2:09 AM (CDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3