Apple releases 99-cent iQuiz iPod game | iLounge News

Apple releases 99-cent iQuiz iPod game

image

Following a brief glimpse last week, Apple has now released the iQuiz game for fifth-generation iPods. According to the game’s description, iQuiz includes four built-in games, including entertainment trivia and a quiz game based on a user’s music library. Unlike other iPod games, which sell for $4.99 each, iQuiz is priced at only 99 cents.

“Get your trivia fix with iQuiz, the fast-paced entertainment trivia game designed in a portable format,” says Apple. “Put your pop culture knowledge to the test with questions about music, movies, and TV shows. Or choose Music Quiz 2 to find out just how well you know the songs, albums, and artists on your iPod. You can keep the challenges coming by creating your own custom trivia packs to share, or add trivia packs created by other players.”

« AT&T to market iPhone to biz customers

Mix: Apple Q2, Amazon, Hi-Way, HandBrake »

Comments

For some reason, the link leads to a $4.99 version. Here’s the link for the 99 cent version: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewGame?id=250327961&s=143441

Posted by jopari on April 24, 2007 at 8:19 AM (CDT)

...Or the link is bad. Oh well…

Posted by jopari on April 24, 2007 at 8:19 AM (CDT)

This should only cost 49p, not 79p!

Posted by stadidas on April 24, 2007 at 8:32 AM (CDT)

Don’t bother with this game unless you’re American. Get asked question like which US TV station does this show screen on and what year was the star spangled banner introduced as THE national anthem. I am australian and really despise being called an american.
may have potential considering users can create and share their own questions.

Posted by Sam on April 24, 2007 at 9:20 AM (CDT)

Having paid my 79p, I actually really like this game. Music Quiz 2 is awesome.

Posted by stadidas on April 24, 2007 at 9:45 AM (CDT)

Has anyone tried to find instructions on how to create your own Trivia Packs?
I´m not able to find a working link in any Apple site or iTunes store (tried USA, Italy, Spain and UK)

Posted by Simone on April 24, 2007 at 9:58 AM (CDT)

Sam, I know how you feel because i despise being called an Australian.

Posted by bozz on April 24, 2007 at 11:22 AM (CDT)

The link jopari listed still sends you to a page that charges $4.99.  I was able to get the $0.99 price only by going to the iTunes Store front page, selecting iPod Games from the lefthand column, and clicking on the iQuiz graphic.

Posted by atreyu on April 24, 2007 at 12:21 PM (CDT)

Simone (and other interested parties) re C6: the URL follows.

Posted by Robert on April 24, 2007 at 12:21 PM (CDT)

Sam, your an American.

Have a nice day. L

Posted by unreal on April 24, 2007 at 2:40 PM (CDT)

Thanks Robert for the link to the instructions on how to create your own trivia pack. That is awesome. I’m really looking forward to some of the packs that people and will come up with. I also hope that some inventive person will develop a GUI program that lets you develop a trivia pack without using the code. Seeing what some people come up with, I wouldn’t think it would be that tough. I’d do it myself if I knew anything about writing programs.

Posted by jasonact on April 24, 2007 at 4:56 PM (CDT)

I’ve just released the first trivia pack for iQuiz called Babya Quiz-Windows XP Basics.

Babya Quiz-Windows XP Basics is a short quiz about Windows XP for Apple’s iQuiz game for iPods.

Also I note the omission of a sports themed quiz.

The iQuizMaker site is unvailable now-it worked earlier (could be heavy server load).
And it’s a easy to use app.

Posted by AA on April 24, 2007 at 11:11 PM (CDT)

A link to my iQuiz pack is at babyasoftwaregr.livejournal.com

Posted by AA on April 24, 2007 at 11:12 PM (CDT)

The customized trivia packs do seem pretty awesome.

I’m a little upset with the game though.  I’m not one for pop trivia, as I hate most commercial music and don’t watch much tv.  I’ve always enjoyed the music quiz game on my iPod though, and for $0.99, I was MORE then willing to upgrade it.

However, I beat it on the second game.  It does its 5 rounds, then ends.  I find that a terrible downgrade to the continuous game play of the original music quiz.

It’s extremely dissapointing.

Posted by iScott on April 24, 2007 at 11:13 PM (CDT)

I grabbed it for $1.69AUS in case the price jumped up.

This is a fantastic development of the Music Trivia game. I love the way it uses not only music and text tags such as artist and year, but also album art. It’s a really rich experience. Lazy or techtard people who haven’t tagged their music with album art are going to be unable to answer the questions where album art is used.

The expandability is killer. I think we’ll see an explosion of trivia packs on the web.

Posted by Japester on April 25, 2007 at 9:33 AM (CDT)

it be sweet if someone made a simpsons game, im talkin seasons 1-10, season 11 tops, not any new crapy episodes

Posted by joe on April 25, 2007 at 3:12 PM (CDT)

just a little thought…the game give the possibility to share trivia <<You can keep the challenges coming by creating your own custom trivia packs to share>> so…anykind of possibility to have a new ipod accessory that gives bt or wifi? or a new video ipod with new connectivity?

Posted by NandoX on April 25, 2007 at 3:51 PM (CDT)

the game is completely worth 99 cents.

but it occaisionally freezes up on me - the picture skips and sometimes the song it is asking me to identify doesn’t play. which sucks.

but I still really like it.

Posted by indigo on April 25, 2007 at 6:29 PM (CDT)

For me it locks up constantly.
The song I’m supposed to identify *never* plays.
I’ve tried every possible combination of settings.
60G 5G
Anyone else having problems??

Posted by mthrsuperior on April 25, 2007 at 8:19 PM (CDT)

I have an 80GB with the latest software. iQuiz runs great! It’s totally worth the 99¢. I’d go as far as saying that it’s the best 99¢ I’ve ever spent at the iTunes Store.  I’d love to see an iQuiz community where folks can share their custom quizzes. It’s a new iQuiz revolution!

Posted by Robert on April 25, 2007 at 10:41 PM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >