Apple releases iAd Gallery app | iLounge News

Apple releases iAd Gallery app

By Jesse Hollington

Social Media & Software Editor, iLounge
Published: Tuesday, April 5, 2011
News Categories: Apple, Apps + Games

Apple has released a new app designed specifically for displaying ads from the company’s iAd network. Described as a “celebration of advertising,” iAd Gallery allows users to view ads by searching or browsing by advertiser, category or ad feature. Users can also learn more about the featured ads and the advertising agencies that developed them and add their favorite ads to a “Loved” section for quick access. iAd Gallery is available from the U.S. App Store as a free download.

Incase debuts Andy Warhol cases for iPhone, iPad »

Comments

So it’s sole purpose is to show us ads?

Sounds kinda like Android. ZING!

Posted by ort on April 5, 2011 at 1:34 PM (PDT)

Seems like a waste of resources to me, but then again I’m sure they have plenty to waste

Posted by Brian on April 5, 2011 at 1:53 PM (PDT)

A “celebration of advertising”?? Isn’t it a little late for April Fools?

Posted by TheJoshdude on April 5, 2011 at 2:45 PM (PDT)

HAHA

Posted by VULTR3 on April 5, 2011 at 4:22 PM (PDT)

iDon’t Love Ads

Posted by Josh C. on April 5, 2011 at 5:22 PM (PDT)

I wonder, does Apple get credit for ads served through this app?

It’s genius and sad all at the same time, because it looks like it’s basically a market survey packaged as a free app from Apple, which means quite a few people will take the bait.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on April 5, 2011 at 5:32 PM (PDT)

I have a DVR so I can skip the ads, why would I want this?

Posted by rockmyplimsoul on April 5, 2011 at 8:43 PM (PDT)

I would imagine the folks designing the ads might be interested in this, as it would be an easy way to see how others are doing ads as well.

Beyond that, I have no interest.  I usually do everything in my power to AVOID ads. Why would i want an application that all it does is to serve ads?  Like #7, I also have a DVR so I can skip the commercials.  And yes, I also employ ad-blocking on the internet as well.  Bad enough we get so bombarded with advertisements everywhere we turn to look!  On the street corner (I wonder how they are paying those guys to stand out there and hold those stupid signs), on the side of the buses and trains, in the magazines, in the newspaper, on the radio, on TV, and now even on our friggan cell phones!  What next?  The lady walking her dog with the dog sporting an ad?

Posted by SkiBumMSP on April 5, 2011 at 9:21 PM (PDT)