Apple releases iOS 4.2 for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch | iLounge News

Apple releases iOS 4.2 for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch

image

As expected, Apple has released iOS 4.2 for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. The anticipated update, announced during Apple’s September iPod event, brings iOS 4 features such as multitasking and folders to the iPad for the first time, while also adding new features like AirPlay wireless media streaming and AirPrint wireless printing to the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. Notably, the software update requires iTunes 10.1, and is available now for the iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, and second-, third-, and fourth-generation iPod touch via the Update feature in iTunes.

« Second-gen Apple TV updated to 4.1

KT to launch iPad in Korea on Nov. 30 »

Comments

J. Wunderle,

Move one wiggling app icon on top of another and release in order to create a folder that contains both.  Repeat with any other app you want in the same folder.

Posted by Robert A McMillan on November 25, 2010 at 5:06 AM (PDT)

It took hours to downgrade back to OS3 after “upgrading” my Iphone 3G to OS4. I’m not sure I want to go through all that again, especially since Apple never acknowledged there was a problem with OS4 and the Iphone 3G in the first place. This whole experience has soured my experience with Apple.

Posted by Dave on November 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM (PDT)

This update has trashed my 2nd Gen Itouch. I cant do anything on it. I am going to revert back to the old software. have one question, the current software version installed is: 4.2.1 (8C148). Do I want to go back to 4.2 (8C148) or 4.1 (8B117), Any help would be great. Thank you.

Posted by Brenden on November 25, 2010 at 7:49 PM (PDT)

I updated my Ipad and Iphone 4 and Apple TV 2 with the version of OS 4.2.1 but it show that the version is 4.2.1 ( 8C148) and not 4.2.1 (8C148a) which don’t have the airplay Icon . how can I change it to the4.2.1 (8C148a) to be able to have the airplay capability

Mo

Posted by Mo on November 27, 2010 at 1:40 AM (PDT)

I’m going on a 5 hour update and have every problem you could imagine.  The software updated fine but my iPad can’t sync with iTunes.  I have yet to see what the new OS looks like because all I have is an apple with about 1/10th of the bar full.  i-Tunes keeps freezing.  I have Task Manager (Windows) open and iTunes keeps going from Running to Not Responding. Please help!  I already tried to restore my iPad and that didn’t work.

Posted by Char on November 28, 2010 at 8:10 PM (PDT)

Tried the updaye last night befor I wen to bed, found my iTouch bricked this morning.  Had to perform a restore 3-4 times before it finally took.

The damn upgrade tottaly wiped my iTouch.  What a POS.

Posted by Edward Francisco on November 29, 2010 at 8:24 AM (PDT)

I have a 2nd gen iPod touch, and I’ve had trouble updating the software from 3.1.3 for a long time. usually, the update times out about halfway through, and the last time, it timed out while it was processing the file. Anyone know what’s wrong?

Posted by Becki on December 25, 2010 at 9:58 PM (PDT)

iTunes attempts to download the iPod software update, but it gives me an error message saying the connection has times out after several minutes. My iTunes sporadically does the same thing when downloading content from the iTunes store, with no apparent correlation between any of the items that iTunes refuses to download. I then tried to update my iPod using one of the other computers in my household, and it ended in my iPod being stuck in Recovery Mode. iTunes on the other computer was able to download the software update, and applied it to the iPod, but just as it tried to re-sync after updating the softward on the iPod, an unknown error occurred saying that my computer could not connect to the iPod. And thus, I am stumped… help of any kind is greatly appreciated.

Posted by Nickgrad on December 31, 2010 at 10:46 AM (PDT)

I have attempted to upgrade my Ipod touch 4th gen numerous times. Every time it downloads & each time when verifying it reports back network connenting error. I have tried on 3 different networks & 2 different computers with the same result. I tried a restore but it wants to download 4.2 first & fails before it restores

Posted by Mark Eckford on January 16, 2011 at 3:07 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2