Apple releases iOS 4.3.5 for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch | iLounge News

Apple releases iOS 4.3.5 for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch

Apple today released iOS 4.3.5 for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. According to Apple’s release notes, the update “fixes a security vulnerability with certificate validation.” A separate update is available for the CDMA iPhone and is listed as iOS 4.2.10. [via Mac Rumors]

« Booq debuts Viper slider for iPad 2

Griffin ships StompBox foot controller for iOS »

Comments

They cannot get to the incremental OTA updates fast enough. I just sat through the 1.5 hour download and update process for 4.3.4 this morning and, ta-da, here’s another 650+MB download to fix something that shouldn’t take more than a couple of MB of file exchanges.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on July 25, 2011 at 11:22 AM (PDT)

Color me skeptical, but I wouldn’t trust OTA/incremental updates from Apple ... too many things that can go wrong and their track record on software quality control isn’t exactly stellar. You’ll probably end up downloading/installing the whole package anyway, provided that your device isn’t completely hosed by an OTA update that went wrong.

Posted by rockmyplimsoul on July 25, 2011 at 4:08 PM (PDT)

Took about 10 minutes to update my phone just now. Probably would have taken less time if I wasn’t screwing around in Safari at the same time.

Posted by MichaelO on July 25, 2011 at 4:09 PM (PDT)

@2: I hear you, I gave up on incremental updates for iTunes some time ago due to too many borked installations, but with their paranoia about jail breaking, I wind up having to download each update package for each and every iOS device in the household and, while I’m glad MichaelO apparently lives much closer to an Apple server cluster than I do, I’ve never had an iOS package that took less than an hour to download, and I’ve had ones that took well over 4 hours to deliver. Heck, I’ve had ones that their little signature expired before it finished downloading and I had to download the entire package a second time for the same device. Restoring from a back up every now and again has still got to be a net savings on time versus the system that’s in place now.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on July 25, 2011 at 6:18 PM (PDT)

Comments #2 and #4 are the reason iLounge comments need a ‘Like’ button.
I feel your pain guys!

Posted by Paul on July 26, 2011 at 3:01 AM (PDT)

After installing 4.3.5 update on my iPhone 4 my touch screen are highly sensitive and keyboard is way to sensitive Apple What’s up need a fix quick!!!!!

Posted by ERIC WATSON on July 28, 2011 at 8:06 AM (PDT)

You need a faster connection if it takes that long. 5 minutes Max on a 20 mbps connection.

Posted by lorenzo m. on August 1, 2011 at 5:16 PM (PDT)