Apple releases iPhone OS 3.1.2, fixes sleep issue | iLounge News

Apple releases iPhone OS 3.1.2, fixes sleep issue

image

Apple has released iPhone OS 3.1.2, its first major update to the iPhone’s and iPod touch’s software since the launch of version 3.1 and 3.1.1, respectively, on September 9. According to Apple’s release notes, the update “[r]esolves [a] sporadic issue that may cause iPhone (or iPod touch) to not wake from sleep,” as well as an “intermittent issue that may interrupt cellular network services until restart.” It also fixes a bug that could cause occasional crashes during video streaming. iPhone OS 3.1.2 is available now for both iPhone and iPod touch users through the update feature in iTunes.

« AT&T updates carrier settings for U.S. iPhones

AT&T: ‘fine tuning’ required before tethering launch »

Comments

Hope it doesn’t break my jailbreak….

Posted by Bielzebub on October 8, 2009 at 11:42 AM (PDT)

@Bielzebub: You risk a ruined jailbreak with ALL updates. If it doesn’t break you jailbreak, great. If it does, then don’t be surprised.

Posted by Christopher Cox on October 8, 2009 at 11:46 AM (PDT)

Any word on whether this fixes battery life issues introduced in 3.1.1?

Posted by jiji on October 8, 2009 at 11:58 AM (PDT)

Still no fix to iPod touch wifi? I am assume that replacing my second-hand router is my only solution.

Posted by Tommy on October 8, 2009 at 12:09 PM (PDT)

Not so sure about that regarding #4.  I use an airport extreme router, and have high speed cable as my internet, and have intermittent internet issues with my iPod Touch, so if that’s what you’re talking about, blame it on 3.0 on up.  The most recent update (3.1.2 hasn’t changed a thing in that regard).

Posted by David on October 8, 2009 at 7:31 PM (PDT)

Clarification:

The iPod Touch is the 64GB, not a upgraded 32GB.

Airport Extreme Dual Band Router, (the most recent one that has been released), and only the iPod Touch has these intermittent dropouts with internet reception, though I own multiple other Wi-Fi devices.  That may be the issue (the other Wi-Fi devices) but I don’t remember the Touch with 2.x software having these issues.  I did return that Touch though for 32GB was not enough for me.  Now I’m wishing I had held onto it and not updated, though the bluetooth addition is kind of nice.

Posted by David on October 8, 2009 at 7:35 PM (PDT)

Doesn’t allow my VOIP app, iCall, to work on 3G.

Posted by DenCimm on October 8, 2009 at 8:06 PM (PDT)

Checked last night and I can finally paste my password into the iTunes App Store again. I sorely missed this feature in 3.1.1

Posted by jiji on October 9, 2009 at 3:53 PM (PDT)

I have an iPhone and have wi-fi issues too; I use a Linksys wireless N router and it won’t log on.  It’s really annoying as I have to reset the router and it works fine

Posted by Andy on October 10, 2009 at 6:15 AM (PDT)

When I upgraded by 2G to 3.1 there were instant wifi issues. Not being able to rollback to 2.2.1 I made an apointment at the Genius Bar.  I explained my wifi problem since updating and asked the reck to please get me back to the original firmware.  He told me that it couldn’t be done, then proceeded to run a few tests on my touch. To my surprise he ended up giving me another 2G. I asked if he would recomend trying the 3.1 again.  He said “it’s up to you”, making me tend to believe I should stick with 2.2.1, which I have done.  No more wifi problems. Oh, also the replacment has a 935 production date, so I doubt if it’ a rebuilt.  Thank you Apple!

Posted by fonze74 on October 10, 2009 at 9:58 AM (PDT)

@DenCimm
Thats why you need to download 3G Unrestrictor from Cydia. it makes any application think you are using WiFi when you are actually using 3G/EDGE.

Posted by Carlos on December 23, 2009 at 3:43 PM (PDT)

Need to upgrade to 4.2.1
I have a Ipod 16GB model MB531C with version 3.1.2 (7D11)already unlocked with cydia,rock,and installous
on it.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO NEXT ?

THKS

Posted by maximus7 on January 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM (PDT)