Apple releases iPod shuffle software 1.0.4 | iLounge News

Apple releases iPod shuffle software 1.0.4

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, March 11, 2008
News Categories: iPod shuffle

Apple has released software version 1.0.4 for the second-generation iPod shuffle. According to Apple, the update offers enhanced support for 2GB models, contains bug fixes, and supersedes all previous versions. iPod shuffle software version 1.0.4 is available now through the update feature in iTunes.

« Mix: Search, Stereophile, Ever Green, Samsung

Apple yet to order NAND flash in 2008? »

Comments

...which was released six days ago, if I’m not mistaken…

Posted by Daniel S. on March 11, 2008 at 7:53 AM (PDT)

Daniel,

Since Apple no longer publicizes software releases, we post the updates when we find them. We also welcome readers to email us if they find an update that we haven’t yet covered.

Posted by Charles Starrett on March 11, 2008 at 8:56 AM (PDT)

Unfortunately this update did nothing to solve my constant need to reset our 2 2nd Gen shuffles.

Posted by Solarpos on March 11, 2008 at 9:58 AM (PDT)

Still can’t change the order of Podcasts!  Hey Steve, can you get someone to fix that?  (podcasts always show up by date, you can’t change the order on the shuffle)

Posted by jamboree on March 11, 2008 at 10:18 AM (PDT)

good day! did apple address the issue on the complaint about the automatic sync of ipod shuffle? unlike other ipods, contents of your itunes library must mirror the contents of your ipod shuffle. which means that if you erase a single song in the library, that’s exactly what happens too in your ipod shuffle automatically and it really suks! i love apple and i own a fifth generation ipod too which just works perfectly! i hope apple people can fix that issue. thanks!

Posted by goriopardot on March 12, 2008 at 7:45 PM (PDT)

re #4
Couldn’t you arrange podcasts by the star-rating system? Five stars down to no stars? I guess this would only work if you had six or less podcasts… anyway, shuffle works fine for me, I’ll wait to update.

Posted by Lamb Saag on March 16, 2008 at 7:44 AM (PDT)

Hello i was having difficulties with my shuffle, I accidentally updated to 1.0.4 but I don’t have a 2nd Generation iPod Shuffle. I only have the 1 GB and now it won’t let me play any music. I was wondering on how to get it back to play music like it use to. Any way of doing that?

Posted by Kevin Houston on March 24, 2008 at 10:10 PM (PDT)

Kevin, I also updated and noticed a problem. But, when I went back to my music and manually selected it and sent it to the Shuffle, it worked okay. I don’t know what happened, but it works now. I also have just the 1 G first generation, but the 1.0.4 works okay on it.

Posted by Stephen on March 26, 2008 at 8:12 PM (PDT)

I need help. My shuffle is dead. I get the flashing green/orange light of death.

Posted by Clarke on March 28, 2008 at 9:42 PM (PDT)

Hello,
i was having difficulties with my shuffle, ı have 1GB ipod shuffle but ı couldnt download music, itunes want software updated 1.0.4 ı try to find ,nothing change .please help me what will ı do

Posted by berzah on April 13, 2008 at 3:03 AM (PDT)

how do i download ipod shuffle software 1.0.4

Posted by sneha on April 26, 2008 at 11:38 PM (PDT)

Same with mine, my shuffle when connected to my computer gets disconnected showing a popup saying some error on file F00. Then itunes freezes and i unplug it. Now the ipod doesnt even function and just blinks green and orange light…

How do i go back to v1.0.2??

Posted by Dixon on April 29, 2008 at 10:52 AM (PDT)

How about a change log? from version 1.0.3 to 1.0.4?

Posted by akshay on April 30, 2008 at 9:48 PM (PDT)

Try resetting it with the restore software.

Posted by Michael on May 1, 2008 at 4:17 AM (PDT)

Top tip when having problems resetting ipod shuffle is to try it on different USB ports. It draws a lot of current and this caused mine to fail untill I changed to another USB port on the main PC board. Also I hate itunes, so use this porgram instead which is much easier and I haven’t had to reset my ipod for months (and I can put podcasts on the shuffle at the start of the play list).

Posted by Scott on June 6, 2008 at 3:46 PM (PDT)

i am not able to reset my ipod shuffle through i-tune . can anyone tell me how can i reset my ipod shuffle?

Posted by Ronak on July 31, 2008 at 11:49 PM (PDT)

Posted by brcrao on November 15, 2008 at 7:17 AM (PDT)

my ipod doesnt function my device is not detected by my computer. it blinks with a green and orange light when i play and no software gets updated. my version is 1.0.4 how should i recover my ipod

Posted by prasad on March 26, 2009 at 9:04 PM (PDT)

i don’t know how to download the ipod shuffle music to put it inside of it so can u please help!!!!!!

Posted by Helen on April 22, 2009 at 12:37 PM (PDT)

I have 1GB iPod shuffle (mini)
before when the song is finished it goes to next song. but now when the song is finished same song is repeatedly starting.
before what i did was just deleted some files and formated it. could you pls give me a solution.

Posted by espy on May 15, 2009 at 9:37 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >