Apple releases iPod touch firmware 1.1.5 | iLounge News

Apple releases iPod touch firmware 1.1.5

Apple has released firmware version 1.1.5 for the iPod touch. The new software is meant as an update for iPod touch users who choose not to purchase the $9.99 iPhone 2.0 Software Update for the iPod touch. According to Mac Rumors, early reports indicate that the firmware provides no new features, but may improve the speed and stability of existing applications. iPod touch firmware 1.1.5 is available now as a free update through iTunes.

« AB Sutton intros Simple Slip for iPhone 3G

Japan to abandon push for iPod copyright fee »

Comments

Alright, how many comments will be about iTouch owners complaining about having to pay for a firmware upgrade?  Can that complaint get any older?

Posted by Mark on July 15, 2008 at 5:09 PM (CDT)

Wow, this is the first I’ve heard about this. What was Apple’s reason for charging for the update?

I thought the purpose of the 2.0 software was so that people could buy and use apps from the iTunes store. This is about as reasonable as Wal-Mart charging admission. As if the Touch didn’t have enough drawbacks.

Apple must really be having some financial problems. First they stop including a dock in the iPhone package, and now they’re charging people for software updates!

Posted by Paul on July 16, 2008 at 7:12 AM (CDT)

Just a quick question for Touch owners…is 2.0 laggy?  According to my buds who have downloaded it, it just seems as though the original firmware ran much smoother.  Anyone else experiencing this or are my friends making me paranoid about updating my ipod Touch.

Posted by ArtVandelay on July 16, 2008 at 8:26 AM (CDT)

Art,

The 2.0 upgrade definately has caused some issues on my Touch.  Lots of crashes to the home screen, laggy, stopped responding, etc.  I have had to power down my Touch more in the last 5 days then I have in the previous six months since I got it in January.  Unfortunately without the upgrade there are no apps, so I guess I’ll just have to deal with it for now.

Posted by Brian on July 16, 2008 at 8:38 AM (CDT)

Brian,

Thanks, apps really aren’t that important to me at the moment.  I’ll be damned if I am going to pay for something that makes my currently smooth running and perfect touch worse.

I’ll wait until 2.01.

Posted by ArtVandelay on July 16, 2008 at 1:02 PM (CDT)

My 32gig iPod Touch is a little laggy since the 2.0 upgrade, but it’s more than bearable for me, heck, I had an iPod classic and nothing’s laggier than THAT device!

Mail and Safari crashes way too often for my tastes though, but I am enjoying the App Store.

I really hope the 2.01 upgrade fixes all the crashing.

Posted by ahMEmon on July 17, 2008 at 2:40 PM (CDT)

NO   i repeat NO lag here in colorado with the 2.0 download

Posted by ron cathers on July 19, 2008 at 1:00 PM (CDT)

I love the 2.0 I have had no lag or crashes yet and hope to get 2.0.1 tomorrow when I go to my cousin’s house (I got dial-up, it would take forever to upgrade from that).

Posted by IPodTouchFan09 on August 7, 2008 at 11:16 PM (CDT)

I upgraded my ipod touch to version 1.1.5 and now it wont show on my itunes and i tried everything!! can any1 help me??

Posted by john on September 18, 2008 at 7:04 AM (CDT)