Apple releases iTunes 10.3.1 | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes 10.3.1

image

Apple has released iTunes 10.3.1, the latest version of its digital media management software. The purpose of the update, which arrived without version-specific release notes, is unknown; the prior version, 10.3, was announced during the company’s keynote address on Monday but was not made available for download until early yesterday morning. iTunes 10.3.1 is available now via Apple’s Software Update utility.

« Apple CEO Steve Jobs outlines plans for new HQ

Apple releases iBooks 1.3 with read-aloud feature »

Comments

Was there any reason for them to have gone live on their servers with 10.3 then? Either this was the simplest of critical bug fixes ever or they had to have already had 10.3.1 in the pipeline.

Oh well, time to update iTunes… again.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on June 8, 2011 at 10:05 AM (CDT)

10.3 was only available directly from Apple’s site, not via update so I think that means it was a beta release. Perhaps 10.3.1 is nothing more than the “official” 10.3 release since it is released to the updater.

Posted by rockmyplimsoul on June 8, 2011 at 1:38 PM (CDT)

Says in the uk version !0.2.2 is the current version

Posted by adam on June 8, 2011 at 2:24 PM (CDT)

@2: Nope, 10.3 was available as an update, it’s how I found it was live, so no, it was not a beta, it was <24 hour official release.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on June 8, 2011 at 3:18 PM (CDT)

I downloaded the beta OS on my Windows system yesterday. If I check for updates, I am told that I am current and have v10.2.2 installed. If I check About iTunes, I am shown 10.2.2.14 as the installed version.

Posted by Singlestick on June 8, 2011 at 11:17 PM (CDT)

@4 & 5: I think 10.3.1 only shows up as an update if you have a Mac, by all accounts it seems that Windows users have to go to Apple’s site to get the latest, not that I’m in a hurry to install it though ;)

Posted by rockmyplimsoul on June 9, 2011 at 6:33 PM (CDT)

@6: Nope, Win 7 64 bit here, both showed up as updates.

Any differences are regional, not platform based.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on June 10, 2011 at 7:54 AM (CDT)

I think you’ll find that 10.3.1 has been released to fix an issue with syncing which alot of users (including me) were having. There’s a big thread on the Apple Forums.

At least I’m hoping that’s what it’s done when I get home tonight!

Posted by Andy R on June 10, 2011 at 1:03 PM (CDT)