Apple releases iTunes 6.0.1 update | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes 6.0.1 update

Just a week after its introduction, Apple has released the first software update to iTunes 6. The new version, iTunes 6.0.1, includes “several stability improvements over iTunes 6,” according the brief release notes accompanying the update. “After purchasing music from the iTunes Music Store with iTunes 6 or later, you will also need to upgrade your other computers that purchase music from the iTunes Music Store to iTunes 6.0.1.” No further details were provided.

« Mix: ROKR units, USA Today review, Microsoft music deals

Tunewear debuts water resistant iPod shuffle case »

Comments

My player isn’t showing any updates available, and it is something like 6.0089

Posted by MattB on October 20, 2005 at 12:35 PM (PDT)

I like how stable it is now.  However, my only gripe is I wish they would keep podcasts in the podcast directory and not in the library!

Posted by jonnyc on October 20, 2005 at 12:38 PM (PDT)

its available thru Software Update for Mac users

it has not been posted yet for Windows users

Posted by jeff on October 20, 2005 at 1:22 PM (PDT)

Yeah I really hate that podcasts have crept back into the library.

Guess we’ll see what 6.01 brings smile

Posted by John on October 20, 2005 at 1:29 PM (PDT)

I hope they allow you to choose your own “Video Kind”....all my family guy episodes are currently under MOVIES…

Posted by Pat on October 20, 2005 at 2:12 PM (PDT)

I hope it fixes the sluggishness of version 6, othewise I’ll have to revert to 4.9.

Posted by Galley on October 20, 2005 at 2:36 PM (PDT)

after downloading version 6.0 , 1500 of my 5000 songs won’t download onto my ipod.

Posted by Jason on October 20, 2005 at 3:16 PM (PDT)

6.0.1 did not fix the problem with podcasts in the library. I like to keep the three last episodes of my podcasts on the computer but only to sync the unlistened ones to my ipod. But now all podcasts in itunes syncs with the rest of my library. And it is annoying to have the titles of the podcasts appear under “artists”

Johan

Posted by Johan on October 20, 2005 at 3:24 PM (PDT)

6.0 for PC won’t let me connect to the internet (to get CD info, updates, buy music). Anyone else with this problem?

Posted by kenr on October 20, 2005 at 3:27 PM (PDT)

any one know when it will e avalibal for windows

sry for typeo’s

Posted by Jonboy_sidewinder on October 20, 2005 at 4:13 PM (PDT)

Havent noticed anything wrong with 6.0 on the PC.

Posted by tecstar on October 20, 2005 at 4:24 PM (PDT)

what was sluggish about 6.0 it seems fine to me (PC)

Posted by Cesar on October 20, 2005 at 5:08 PM (PDT)

Still have stuttering audio on video downloads.  Music sounds fine.  What the…....?

Posted by sosha on October 20, 2005 at 5:23 PM (PDT)

It’s still sluggish, but my import speeds have returned to their normal 18x; they had dropped to 10x.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on October 20, 2005 at 6:42 PM (PDT)

looks like the Windows version of iTunes 6.0.1 update just got relesae, I am downloading it now.

Posted by 5GMan on October 20, 2005 at 7:39 PM (PDT)

with 6.0 on the PC i had *constant* quicktime plugin crashes in IE 6.0 and Firefox 1.0.7 including viewing apple.com videos like the latest commercials. i also had numerous problems in the music store with downloads not being available, being occasionally unable to subscribe to podcasts etc.

6.0.1 has fixed all of the above, been more stable so far and seems faster. this is what 6.0 should have been, but i like how quick it came out.

Posted by Dave on October 20, 2005 at 10:18 PM (PDT)

“6.0.1 did not fix the problem with podcasts in the library. I like to keep the three last episodes of my podcasts on the computer but only to sync the unlistened ones to my ipod. But now all podcasts in itunes syncs with the rest of my library. And it is annoying to have the titles of the podcasts appear under “artistsâ€?”

Johan

make sure you exclude all podcasts from all smartplaylists or at least the ones you do not want to sync. i saw this on the apple discussions

Posted by ebolasmallpox on October 20, 2005 at 10:20 PM (PDT)

If I just want to update it, do I have to redownload the setup file and reinstall?

It seems odd that I can’t just click update and the program takes care of the parts it needs…

Posted by jkads on October 20, 2005 at 10:45 PM (PDT)

When are they gonna add the ability to select multiple tracks for exclusion from a shuffled play?!  Flip me, gettin’ fed up of Dan Brown audiobooks popping up in the middle of a shuffled play :(

Posted by Lee on October 21, 2005 at 2:59 AM (PDT)

“However, my only gripe is I wish they would keep podcasts in the podcast directory and not in the library!”

Why? Aren’t the podcasts just more .mp3 files that sit on your iPod? Isn’t the library a list of all the playable files on your iPod? Why not be able to list everything?

Posted by skw on October 21, 2005 at 5:37 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >