Apple releases iTunes 7.0.1 update | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes 7.0.1 update

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, September 27, 2006
News Categories: iTunes

image

Apple today released an updated version of iTunes 7 to fix widespread problems that surfaced in the initial release of the software earlier this month. According to Apple’s brief release notes, iTunes 7.0.1 “addresses stability and performance issues with Cover Flow, CD importing, iPod syncing, and more.” As previously reported, a large number of iTunes users flooded Apple’s discussion boards and iLounge’s forums with complaints about the issues shortly after iTunes 7 was released at Apple’s special event on September 12th. Application bugs reported by users varied widely; it is unknown which specific issues will be fixed with this update.

« Microsoft prices Zune at $249.99; Due out in November

Mix: Space, iGames, iPod factory, CinemaNow »

Comments

I’ll wait until they really fix it.
I already spent 10 hours trying to reinstall my saved itl and xml files to iBlows 6. And it won’t work because the itl was created in iBlows7 which of course is a piece of $^&#.

I think Apple should rename the company to MicroMacinsoft.

Verry dissapointed.

Posted by Joey on September 28, 2006 at 4:00 AM (PDT)

Jesus I still cant restore my iPod, so I’m still having the podcast problem. When I try to play a certain podcast my ipod just crashes and reboots. I THOUGHT THIS WAS AN APPLE BRAND PLAYER, NOT MICROSOFT!

Posted by roger767 on September 28, 2006 at 4:37 AM (PDT)

The new update seems OK to me ... trolling the album art seems smoother. I haven’t noticed any problems yet, but I’m not an iTunes power user.

I still can’t upgrade my firmware to 1.2, however. I’ve tried some of the tricks outlined in some of the forums, but haven’t had any luck. I might drop by an Apple store and have them do it for me next week if I can’t solve the problem this weekend.

Posted by cxc273 on September 28, 2006 at 7:45 AM (PDT)

It seems to have fixed the artwork problems.  Downloaded artwork is now added to the file as well.  Also, dropping artwork on multiple files now adds the artwork to all of the selected files, not just the first one.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on September 28, 2006 at 9:21 AM (PDT)

OK I guess I am one of the “fortunate ones” - My original iTunes 7 on my 3 Macs - iMac G5, G5 and a 12” PB, all Okay, no problems whatsoever.  Updated both the PB and G5, no problem also.

But I wish Apple could bring back the EQ and the Visualiser buttons

Cheers

Posted by howwow in Singapore on September 28, 2006 at 9:48 AM (PDT)

This update has fixed every issue I was having.  Good for Apple for being so quick and responsive.

Posted by stark23x on September 28, 2006 at 10:21 AM (PDT)

The installation of 7.01 and restart is taking forever. Anyone else with this problem?

Posted by NOLA on September 28, 2006 at 10:38 AM (PDT)

many of you wanted an Apple monopoly…and here it is. Apple is increasing it’s margins like crazy…releasing faulty beta software and don’t give iPod nano’s as much storage space as they could have considering it’s price.
So what are you gonna do now? Nothing…right?!

Posted by mike on September 28, 2006 at 11:01 AM (PDT)

I was having issues with audio skipping while playing on iTunes. I installed the new version and plugged in the iPod. It crashed right in the middle of an update. While I love my iPod’s I find it hard to believe that apple wouldn’t have noticed any of these issues during testing.

Posted by Justin on September 28, 2006 at 11:19 AM (PDT)

Apple IS the establishment, folks, and not the little rebel company so many believe it to be.

Posted by icantpod on September 28, 2006 at 2:11 PM (PDT)

I can attest that 7.0.1 fixed one big problem on my PC…I now can hear music in iTunes on my PC that I couldn’t after I installed 7.0.  Now as long as the synch works and everything else, I’ll be happy!

Posted by Harvey on September 28, 2006 at 7:15 PM (PDT)

Hey people, chill.  It’s a freaking music player!  7 was a little buggy for me, (lots of lag) but I just deal with it.  There was a time in the not too distant past where we still carried around cd cases everywhere.  PC users such as myself are certainly “suffering,” but it’s just not that big of a deal.  I agree with the guy that said he was suprised that people were actually able to post.  Oh well.  I love my iPod. It’s the king.

Posted by charlie on September 28, 2006 at 9:17 PM (PDT)

I was finally able to install the iTunes upgrade today.  I just ordered the 80 GB & 8 GB nano from Amazon.  There is a 1 to 2 week waiting period for the above items…looks like these are going fast.

Posted by Tchocky on September 28, 2006 at 10:01 PM (PDT)

The update didn’t fix my problem, which is that iTunes won’t transfer any of the newer videos I buy to my iPod.  Maybe this is because the newer videos are higher resolution?  They should still play on my iPod, right?

Posted by james00 on September 29, 2006 at 6:46 AM (PDT)

I ran into many of the problems mentioned here.  I just switched to Winamp with the ML-iPod plugin.  Now I can synch to my heart’s content *and* I can use my iPod with multiple computers.  It’s amazing to me that there can be all these comments without anyone mentioned what BS the “marriage” of an iPod to a computer is.

Posted by Antony on September 29, 2006 at 12:33 PM (PDT)

I have a major problem with this update, and it has to do with the fact that iTunes 7.0.0 was fine, and with the 7.0.1 songs that I import have horrible distortion in the bass, this didn’t happen before, and now I’m pissed! :(

Posted by MatrixsSJD on September 29, 2006 at 12:37 PM (PDT)

I think the majority of these problems are because of driver conflicts on Windows computers. Our Macs have been fine. I’ve enjoyed all the changes in iTunes 7 quite a lot!

Thanks for making a great free program, Apple!

Posted by Wilder_K_Wight on September 29, 2006 at 3:17 PM (PDT)

“Thanks for making a great free program, Apple!”

it’s not really a free program… it’s a platform on which to sell iPods and music at the iTunes Store

Posted by kreg37 on September 29, 2006 at 4:37 PM (PDT)

Did anyone else loss their link to their music videos? In the library I have Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcast, Audiobook, radio but in video. It is in even a selection under preferences. Am I missing something here. I could have sworn I had a video selection before.

Posted by 1hottamale on September 29, 2006 at 9:34 PM (PDT)

Did anyone else lose their link to their music videos? In the library I have Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcast, Audiobook, radio but no video. It is not even a selection under preferences. Am I missing something here? I could have sworn I had a video selection before.

Posted by 1hottamale on September 29, 2006 at 9:36 PM (PDT)

Page 3 of 4 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >