Apple releases iTunes 7.0.1 update | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes 7.0.1 update

image

Apple today released an updated version of iTunes 7 to fix widespread problems that surfaced in the initial release of the software earlier this month. According to Apple’s brief release notes, iTunes 7.0.1 “addresses stability and performance issues with Cover Flow, CD importing, iPod syncing, and more.” As previously reported, a large number of iTunes users flooded Apple’s discussion boards and iLounge’s forums with complaints about the issues shortly after iTunes 7 was released at Apple’s special event on September 12th. Application bugs reported by users varied widely; it is unknown which specific issues will be fixed with this update.

« Microsoft prices Zune at $249.99; Due out in November

Mix: Space, iGames, iPod factory, CinemaNow »

Comments

With the new verison of Itunes, are you guys having problems importing files from a folder into the library?

Posted by Jack D on September 30, 2006 at 5:07 PM (CDT)

I think itunes is a great program but was dissapointed to see that 7.0.01 still does not sync my album art to my ipod which is the only reason i got it.

Posted by matt on October 1, 2006 at 2:07 AM (CDT)

Well, my opinion is that iTunes 7.01 is a joke!  I have spent hours searching for answers just so I can to sync my iPod without having iTunes freeze and not update my iPod.

Let me hear again how great Apple is.  Let me hear again how Apple is the anti-Microsoft.  Pfft.  Shame on Apple for releasing useless software filled with bugs.

Posted by Obadiah on October 1, 2006 at 8:26 PM (CDT)

After updating to itunes 7.0.1, itunes does not sync video podcasts, and gives an error message that the ipod software is not up to date.  However, the itunes “Summary” tab says the ipod software is up to date, as ver. 1.1 .  On Apple’s website, the latest ipod 5G software is 1.1.2, but when I download it, it says you cannot use this update and must use itunes (which doesn’t recognized the need to updat the ipod software).  So BEWARE…you may not be able to download podcast videos if you upgrade to itunes 7.0.1.

Posted by mike on October 2, 2006 at 2:21 AM (CDT)

I updated to 7.0.1 and now half of the podcasts I subscribe to will not update on my iPod or my Nano.  Update with caution.

Posted by Tom on October 2, 2006 at 3:22 AM (CDT)

also when i insert a cd, the little button that i used to click in the top right hand corner to import the cd has dissapeared. now i have to select all of the tracks, then drag and drop them into my library. anyone else have this problem??

Posted by matt on October 2, 2006 at 10:17 PM (CDT)

I like how you can change the view of the album art so it scrolls across like on Singstar. but better!

Posted by Danoll on October 3, 2006 at 5:45 AM (CDT)

I have audio skipping in crossfade playback mode (and it never occurred before upgrading to iTunes 7). I play a lot of music on my Windows XP notebook and it is VERY annoying. I just hope they’ll find a way to fix that soon…

Posted by aftershade on October 3, 2006 at 11:54 AM (CDT)

I’ ve had a huge annoying problem with my album artwork since I upgraded to 7.0 and now to 7.0.1.  Some album artwork just does not show up on my iPod even though it shows in iTunes. I have un-checked and re-checked the album art box and even tried the new “find missing album art” feature. Nothing. Anyone know how to get all my album artwork to show up??

Posted by CDM on October 4, 2006 at 1:37 AM (CDT)

Jack D, yes…I can no longer import individual files (I’m running iTunes 7.0.1) and have to “import folder” instead. It doesn’t bother me too much but it was interesting to hear that its not just me.

iTunes 7.0 was a complete nightmare when I installed it. I’m pleased to say that most of the bugs appear to be fixed now.

Cheers,

Keith.

Posted by Keith Lambert on October 4, 2006 at 10:21 AM (CDT)

Matt, the new “Import CD” button is now at the bottom right of the iTunes window. Took me a while to spot it!

Keith.

Posted by Keith Lambert on October 4, 2006 at 10:24 AM (CDT)

for people having trouble with songs out of order on their ipod but showing up in order in itunes when they plug their ipod in….you have to go in an change the “album artist” not “artist” so they all match. go up to view, then view options and click album artist then just change them all to the same artist or just delete it so it says no album artist and they will be in order when u unplug your ipod.

Posted by chris on October 4, 2006 at 10:43 PM (CDT)

The next iteration of iTunes 7.0.2 or iTunes 8 or iTunes 7.1, should update the “Backup Library” or “Burn to Data Disc” to include copying music and video files to Blu-Ray Discs since Apple backs the Blu-Ray camp.

Posted by Charlie O. on October 6, 2006 at 12:19 AM (CDT)

i have itunes 7 but i cant update my ipod using my 2005-03-23 ipod updater. what can i do i need help if anyone could e-mail me plz

Posted by caitlin cantrell on October 10, 2006 at 8:44 PM (CDT)

Anyone else no longer able to play video in iTunes at any size other than full screen?  All video in itunes, whether itunes protected or just mpeg 4, no longer can be played in a separate window - even the preview window no longer works.  Correction: it’s definitely a bug.  Plays fine in the itms then all video can be played in preview or separate windows, until you play something full screen again; then the command-1/2/3’s are greyed out and you’re stuck in full screen-only mode until you run back to the store to play another video preview.  Crazy little bugs! Hope this one’s squashed in “7.0.1”!  Can anyone else confirm this?

Posted by apha on October 10, 2006 at 11:48 PM (CDT)

Hello, since I upgraded to 7.0.1 my PC has quit playing cds/dvd’s.

I have windows ( not a mac).  Has anyone else had that problem?  Any ideas on what it can be? how to correct it?

Thanks

Posted by ych on October 17, 2006 at 8:09 PM (CDT)

I have just downloaded and installed the iTunes 7.3 update.

Then quit iTunes and restarted.

Now, my entire library has disappeared!!!

no music, no videos, no podcast. all gone. cant find it anywhere.
spotlight cant find anything anywhere either.

iTunes didnt promt me or give me any kind of error.

Help (>_<)

Posted by Bjorn on July 4, 2007 at 3:53 AM (CDT)

Page 4 of 4 pages ‹ First  < 2 3 4