Apple releases iTunes 7.0.2 update | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes 7.0.2 update

image

Apple today posted iTunes version 7.0.2. According to the brief release notes, the update adds support for the second-generation iPod shuffle, which will hit stores this Friday, and also “addresses a variety of stability and performance issues found in iTunes 7 and 7.0.1.” No further information was provided.

« iLounge debuts The 2007 iPod Buyers’ Guide

XtremeMac announces TuffWrap Accent for 2G iPod nano »

Comments

“If only it could fix what itunes latest update did to my ipod (anapod explorer doesn’t recognize anymore because it is now labeled as a nano instead of a 5g ipod video”

nojok - head over to redchairsoftware.com and get anapod explorer 8.9.9. i had the same exact problem as you but the update fixed it.

Posted by ender22 on November 2, 2006 at 5:55 AM (CST)

ugh it’s “updating itunes library” now and while i’m writing this it keeps popping back up, i hope it doesn’t do this all the time.

Posted by aaron on November 2, 2006 at 8:46 AM (CST)

I noticed the “wrong country” with iTunes store on 7.0.2 as well, France on one PC and Switzerland on another - not a big deal, just click on your “Account” link and it will tell you it will log in to the U.S. store (if you are a U.S. account holder). After that, everything is normal.

The “updating iTunes library” screen appears only once. It took about 20 minutes on my 17,600 song library on a relatively slow Windows box.

Posted by BradPDX in Portland, OR USA on November 2, 2006 at 12:47 PM (CST)

Downloaded the new version yesterday on my PC (running windows XP).  Thank you Apple!
The $100 or so of TV shows, games, and videos that wouldn’t work since I bought my 60G - now work!  Yes!  Apple, don’t tell me your products surpass PC based programs - I have far more problems with 5 months of ipod than with 15 yrs of PC’s!

Posted by GoodnNuff on November 2, 2006 at 1:20 PM (CST)

To all those without problems: Good for you, but that doesn’t mean the reported problems aren’t real. You think all these hundreds of people with complaints are making this up?

Consider yourself lucky more than anything else.

iTunes 7.xx has major problems. I had to go back to iTunes 6 because many things didn’t work in 7.xx that worked just fine in 6. I refuse to upgrade to 7.xx until all the major complaints are solved.

Posted by Zeuser on November 2, 2006 at 3:22 PM (CST)

As a RED nano owner, I am happy to report that 7.0.2 now identifies RED nanos. They now show up in red in both the source list and the main browser. Didn’t realise that until I went through the UI resource file.

Posted by ikim1213 in UK on November 2, 2006 at 3:24 PM (CST)

Zeuser,  No we don’t think that the problems are made up and no claims have been made to that effect.
Those of us that have had no problems are fortunate.  There have been many differing problems with iTunes 7/7.01/7.02 and I for one have my fingers crossed that my pc doesn’t develop any.
No two computers are exactly alike.  The components and settings combinations form endless configurations and a program as complex as iTunes will have many different results on as many different computers.  Some of us are fortunate in our configurations, some are not.
No one is attacking you or any one else for having problems or claiming these problems are not real.
There are a lot of variables for the programmers of iTunes to deal with and it may take some time to work out all the bugs.

Posted by SouthernGothic on November 2, 2006 at 8:04 PM (CST)

After installing one of the podcasts (newer part of french podcast was no more inside the podcast but in the music folder.

Try out my podcast Thors podcast at itunes

Posted by Mindmusic on November 3, 2006 at 8:38 AM (CST)

iTunes 7 coincided with disk errors on my 3G 20GB ipod.  I presumed that it was down to something in the update wanting to write *a lot* to the disk in the ipod (maybe they’ve changed the way the library works or something) and this showed up some bad sectors that i’d have otherwise probably not noticed.

reformatting with erase in disk utility and a restore seems to have cured it for now…

Posted by ric on November 3, 2006 at 9:23 AM (CST)

Just installed 7.0.2 and it’s a disaster, which should be no surprise. The skipping is worse than ever, something that I had managed to stabilize on 7.0.1 with a few small tweaks. Apple should be ashamed for releasing such a horrible update. Just another example of the arrogance of companies such as Apple, BMW, and Sub-Zero, all of which charge much more for their products, yet they have a reputation for constantly malfunctioning. Way to go, Apple!

Posted by KP on November 3, 2006 at 4:42 PM (CST)

Does anyone know if the update has fixed the problem with recognising iPod minis? I have a 1st generation mini but I don’t want to update lest it ceases to function.

Posted by Emily on November 3, 2006 at 6:27 PM (CST)

I am sorry but this is the only place i could find to ask, when i bought my ipod nano last month i found a english/french dictionary for it and it was free but i had to reset my ipod and now i cant find it could someone help me out thanks

Posted by Diane on November 4, 2006 at 1:42 AM (CST)

well this update is f***ing great now i can’t import songs. Not even manually. Thanks apple :)

Posted by matt on November 4, 2006 at 9:31 AM (CST)

iTunes 7 has always run flawlessly on my machine. This update fixes the problems I had when clicking the Back/Play/Forward buttons with the trackpad/button - it used to get stuck. It also adds keyboard shortcuts to the iTunes main windows (ALT, COMMAND, 1) and the Equalizer (ALT, COMMAND, 2).

Posted by Andres on November 5, 2006 at 11:16 AM (CST)

Well since upgrading to 7.02 my ipod has totally screwed up my album art! Each song displays the wrong album art but when I click on the center wheel to scroll through the options it displays the correct art when in full screen! Strange!

Posted by zensu on November 6, 2006 at 9:13 AM (CST)

Warning - If you have got a ROKU do not upgrade - it doesn’t work. If you do upgrade you will need to use bonjour and firefly to serve the ROKU - iTunes 7.x can’t.

Posted by Adrian on November 8, 2006 at 10:47 AM (CST)

Windoze’s 7.0.2 still skips on our PC, and does it quite badly, but at least iTunes now finishes out any songs played through itself.

File transfers are noticeably SLOWER than in 7.0.1, however. When batch transferring to an iPod, 7.0.2 will go along at a fast USB2 clip, then have what seems like a momentary brain fart and plug along at USB1-like speed for any number of songs, the mysteriously speed up again to USB2 speed.

Considering all the problems cited here, this is JUST like Redmond’s laughable IE security patches that end up breaking IE.

Posted by flatline response on November 8, 2006 at 2:19 PM (CST)

It looks like with 7.0, no one will be able to update past versions of Outlook Contacts. Worked fine on v6.

Posted by chrisazim on November 9, 2006 at 2:16 AM (CST)

Don’t forget update with iTunes 7.3.4.3.5.6

And don’t forget to buy The Land Before Time XXVII.

Posted by Yvonne on November 10, 2006 at 4:33 AM (CST)

okay so i was upgrading itune and my nano was plugged in and w/o thinking i pulled it out. then the screen turned gray, made a few weird icons and so i turned it off and it wont turn back on.
help me please!

Posted by kaylyn on November 13, 2006 at 5:30 PM (CST)

Page 3 of 4 pages  < 1 2 3 4 >