Apple releases iTunes 7.0.2 update | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes 7.0.2 update

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, October 31, 2006
News Categories: iTunes

image

Apple today posted iTunes version 7.0.2. According to the brief release notes, the update adds support for the second-generation iPod shuffle, which will hit stores this Friday, and also “addresses a variety of stability and performance issues found in iTunes 7 and 7.0.1.” No further information was provided.

« iLounge debuts The 2007 iPod Buyers’ Guide

XtremeMac announces TuffWrap Accent for 2G iPod nano »

Comments

What is the other section that appears when you connect your ipod? And how do you get rid of it if only hogging space? Thanks

Posted by Tmac on November 24, 2006 at 9:26 AM (PDT)

man im tryna download music in my ipod from limewire how do i do that

Posted by Raymond Sanchez on December 2, 2006 at 9:53 PM (PDT)

I downloaded iTunes 7 and i had no problems with it until i actually bought some music videos then i had to downgrade back to 6 and i lost all the videos and music i had purchased!!!!! plus i have the newest ipod video! Stupid apple. when will the software be safe to download again?

Posted by Nicole on December 27, 2006 at 10:35 PM (PDT)

I have a 4G 60GB iPod Photo that today has given up the ghost after recently updating to the most current iTunes 7 version. I have not noticed iPod software updates for my iPod for what seems like a little less than a year (my iPod is about 2 years old). iTunes always says my iPod has the latest software version. Today my iPod stopped working so I rebooted it by flipping the hold button and then holding down the center button and menu button at the same time. When it came back on it appeared to have rebooted but none of my files were showing up on the iPod. It was as if they all got erased. I thought I could just restore the iPod in iTunes (and when I plugged it in, iTunes said it had become corrupted and needed to be restored) but then it gave me a message saying iTunes could not locate the software needed to restore my iPod. It seems that iTunes 7 was not meant to work with 4G iPods. I tried uninstalling iTunes and using the disc that originally came with my iPod. This seemed to work as it did reformat the iPod. But now iTunes will not recognize my iPod at all. I can see it in WinXP “MY COMPUTER” folder, but iTunes refuses to recognize the iPod. I have tried to re-install iTunes multiple times. I have deleted my temp files. I have turned on and off the iPod service (per the iTunes help page). I have rebooted my computer over and over. I have tried to get iTunes to recognize the 4G iPod on other computers but nothing helps. I don’t think I should have to go out and buy a new iPod when mine was fine just yesterday (and is only 2 years old). This really pisses me off! And now I hear that it is happening to other “older” model iPod owners too.

Is there a way we can all band together and force apple to make our iPods work again? I LOVE my iPod and hate the idea of being without it…...or going to another type of player (but I might switch to the one being offered by Dish Network as it would allow me to copy programs from my DVR as well as my music). BUT WHAT I REALLY WANT IS MY iPOD TO WORK AGAIN. An iPod should last longer than 2 years! [Actually it is only a little over 1 year old as the first iPod I had bricked when the hard drive quit working and was repalced after about 9 months of service].

[reply]

Posted by Woolf on March 23, 2007 at 8:21 PM (PDT)

My ipod 40gB had been fine.  Until itunes 7.  Then it crashed big time.  Three days later I’m back to itunes 6.0.4.2 and all seems to be on the way to being fixed.  DON’T USE ITUNES 7. You’ve been warned!

Posted by Robbie on April 18, 2007 at 4:50 AM (PDT)

i got the new ipod touch 8gb. i was wondering if any one knew if i can use the itunes702?

Posted by elmer vergara on October 9, 2008 at 6:41 PM (PDT)

Page 4 of 4 pages « First  <  2 3 4