Apple releases iTunes 7.1.1 update | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes 7.1.1 update

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Friday, March 16, 2007
News Categories: iTunes

Just over a week since Apple released iTunes 7.1, the company has made available a new update that fixes issues found in the previous version of the software. According to the brief release notes provided by Apple, iTunes 7.1.1, available for Mac and Windows, “addresses a stability issue and minor compatibility problems in iTunes 7.1.” No further information was given.

« Altec Lansing ships inMotion iM600 iPod speaker system

Miglia intros ‘content collection hub’ for iPod, Apple TV »

Comments

Does this fix the new sorting feature as well? I’ve noticed that using the “speed scroll” function while browing albums on the iPod that, when an album begins with a “the,” the super-imposed letter changes to “T” for that selection. It was merely confusing at first, but then it got pretty annoying. This doesn’t occur on the artist menu fortunately.

Posted by Tommy on March 16, 2007 at 12:57 PM (PDT)

Well, updated this morning from 7.1 on my Vista PC and now I’m getting crackling/popping sounds from all my music. Wicked…

Posted by Jake on March 16, 2007 at 3:55 PM (PDT)

7.1.1 does indeed fix the sorting issues related to quickscroll as well as issues with sorting of TV Show episodes (7.1 incorrectly sorted episodes by Episode ID rather than Episode Number, resulting in many shows being out of order, since the production IDs are seldom in the same order as episodes aired).

Posted by Jesse Hollington in Toronto on March 16, 2007 at 4:05 PM (PDT)

I’m hoping this is going to sort out the -48 error.

Posted by JG on March 17, 2007 at 3:49 AM (PDT)

I can’t say this is a 7.1 problem for sure, but since I installed it, when I re-encoded some CDs, the ID3 tag lookup seems to work, but doesnt tag everything with the same fields…

Posted by grub on March 17, 2007 at 5:02 AM (PDT)

I am having a serious issue with the new ITUNES version 7.1.  I keep getting an error that says, “I tunes cannot run because it has detected a problem with your audio configuration”.  This problem was not occuring prior to installation of the newest ITUNES version.  Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by boogiedown on March 17, 2007 at 1:13 PM (PDT)

This still doesn’t work on Vista. I tried playing a downloaded TV show and got the blue screen of death. Ugh!

Posted by James Baud on March 17, 2007 at 2:29 PM (PDT)

Hey boogiedown,

I had the same problem.  After research I discovered that I had to uninstall QuickTime, and then reinstall it.  Make sure you install only QuickTime and NOT iTunes too.

Posted by Briresp on March 17, 2007 at 3:09 PM (PDT)

Hi, just wanted to pass on some detail regarding this udpdate. I use a number of Macs at home and one Windows PC, this is a touchscreen PC that I use to stream music from a Mac G5 server to my airport express. During the last update to iTunes I lost the ability to see the airport express from within iTunes! This latest update has now fixed that problem and I’m able to see the airport express again from iTunes.

Posted by Paul on March 17, 2007 at 4:16 PM (PDT)

I have a 5th gen ipod and a 4th Gen ipod back home. Last week I updated to 7.1. Both ipods connect well to my macbook, pc laptop and to my pc back at work. A friend lent me his ipod last week, and neither of the 3 machines would recognize it. I was freaked out. We took it back to his place, and even though it took a couple of tries, it recognized it.
Let’s hope 7.1.1 works.

Posted by replikhant on March 19, 2007 at 2:41 AM (PDT)

Restored my ipod, re-installed my music and vids.
Still got the -48 error and the artwork on my ipod doesn’t match up with the album thats playing.

Posted by JG on March 19, 2007 at 9:34 AM (PDT)

Looks like it might be an issue on M$‘s side.——>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933824/

Posted by Dblue83 on March 19, 2007 at 2:01 PM (PDT)

Ahhhhhhhh. Horrible. I wish I hadn’t updated to 7.1 or the ‘fix,’ which didn’t fix anything on my XP. Now I’m looking for a retro install of i-tunes.  ddd

Posted by Dave DeMaw on March 26, 2007 at 7:39 PM (PDT)