Apple releases iTunes 7.3.1, Quicktime 7.2 [Updated] | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes 7.3.1, Quicktime 7.2 [Updated]

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, July 11, 2007
News Categories: iTunes

Apple has released iTunes 7.3.1 and Quicktime 7.2 as updates available from through the company’s website or through Apple’s Software Update application. According to Apple, “iTunes 7.3.1 addresses a minor problem with iTunes 7.3 accessing the iTunes Library.” The update does not require Quicktime 7.2, which “addresses critical security issues” and includes support for full screen viewing in QuickTime Player, updates to the H.264 codec, and numerous bug fixes. Both updates are available now as free downloads for both Mac and PC.

Update: Quicktime 7.2 also adds two new export options for iPhone: Export for iPhone and Export for iPhone (Cellular). The former exports a .m4v video, while the latter exports in the smaller .3gp format. [via MacRumors]

« U.S. Rep. slams iPhone, AT&T over termination fee

Myvu intros myvu solo wearable video display »

Comments

Hmmm - maybe my Vista won’t bluescreen everytime Quicktime launches.  Don’t know who I hate more - MS or Apple for this one.

Posted by tintin on July 11, 2007 at 9:16 PM (PDT)

Hate Vista more.  Blue screens were supposed to be a thing of the past remember!

Posted by The Raven on July 12, 2007 at 6:52 AM (PDT)

there are two ways to get around the blue screen of vista.

1. go back to XP, as you never should have put vista on the first place.
2. get a mac, I work on a mac but have a pc at home, although my pc chip is supposed to be faster things just happen faster on my mac.

Posted by hydra-calm on July 12, 2007 at 7:25 AM (PDT)

Whenever an update to iTunes comes out, immediately people come here and say that it broke something…

So, whose computer is broken now?  smile

Sad part is, I probably just jinxed myself.  Going to go update it right now to see.

Posted by MCW on July 12, 2007 at 1:38 PM (PDT)

iTunes on Mac is broke. Every time I go to do something other than listen to a podcast (including deleting or pressing the down arrow), it crashes. This makes me sad because I like deleting podcasts.

Posted by Steve on July 12, 2007 at 5:54 PM (PDT)

Apple giveth and Apple Taketh away,they now give you fullscreen mode but have taken away the ability to view clip properties you now need QTpro for that.

Posted by Steven Bates on July 13, 2007 at 2:03 PM (PDT)

iTunes on Mac is not broken. It works perfectly on my iMac.

Posted by sallenmd on July 14, 2007 at 7:47 PM (PDT)

Still broken on vista blue screens and all. Even when doing something as simple as ADDING SONGS!

Posted by John on July 18, 2007 at 9:10 AM (PDT)

Please help!!!.....i work on macs but when it comes to fixing them i fall short short of the mark. Yesterday I tried to upgrade my itunes to 8 and then it was asking for quicktime 7.3 which when i went to download was telling me i needed to run it on leopard??? (i have mac os x 10.3 or something close to that). After trying to sort it out i thought ok I just want my old itunes back as it was working with no problems syncing to my iphone. I am now at a stage where it is telling me that when i try to use the older itunes (7. something) that it was created by a newer version so im unable to even open itunes and therefore can’t access itunes at all!!!....i’m sure someone can help here…thanks!!

Posted by G Mead on October 13, 2008 at 2:48 AM (PDT)