Apple releases iTunes 7.3.2 | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes 7.3.2

Apple has released iTunes 7.3.2, a free upgrade to the company’s jukebox software. According to Apple, the update “provides bug fixes to improve stability and performance.” The update can be downloaded through Apple’s Software Update application or from the company’s website. iTunes 7.3.2 is available now for both Mac and PC.

« iPodweek coming early this week, sign up now

Mix: Dateline, EMI, Audi, ChangeWave »

Comments

I don’t mean to sound picky, but couldn’t they try to make their updates line up? I just updated Safari yesterday or the day before.

Posted by Eric on August 2, 2007 at 9:10 PM (CDT)

I just tried to update and was told that 7.3.1 was the latest version…

Posted by Erika on August 3, 2007 at 12:18 AM (CDT)

same here, current version ATM is 7.3.1

Posted by MikeZ on August 3, 2007 at 12:55 AM (CDT)

Using “Apple Software Update” application on Windows XP, it updated iTunes to 7.2.3.6 and Safari to 3.0.3.

Posted by Muero on August 3, 2007 at 12:58 AM (CDT)

I was infuriated when I discovered that Apple broke the sorting in iTunes to put numbers after letters at the bottom of the library list, and seemingly in no particular order at that.

Does anybody know if 7.3.2 corrects this problem?

Posted by ScottytheMenace on August 3, 2007 at 1:11 AM (CDT)

infuriated??

jesus man came down : )

Posted by niall on August 3, 2007 at 3:23 AM (CDT)

ScottytheMenace,
Sorry, hope I don’t infuriate you more, but 7.3.2 does not correct the “problem” of the sorting. Also, my numbers are in order, from least to greatest, or greatest to least depending on whether I sort them decending or ascending. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

P.S. Take a chill pill my friend. : )

Posted by Jeff on August 3, 2007 at 4:13 AM (CDT)

Last time I upgraded iTunes my Apple TV had to resync all content… Any idea if this will happen again?

It takes about 12 hours to do a complete sync (tethered not wireless!)

Posted by Boca on August 3, 2007 at 8:10 AM (CDT)

Before the last update, if one artist or album was choosen by browsing (so only this artist or album was in the main window), it stayed that way if i was switching to check a playlist and came back in the library (only the artist or album was still in the main window. But after the update, if i check a playlist and come back, the entire library would be there, instead of just the artist…
man, i’n not very clear i guess… hard to explain… sorry ;-)

Posted by larouche on August 3, 2007 at 9:23 AM (CDT)

I think this has been the 4th-5th update Apple has released for the Itunes in less than two months… what happened to the so called bullet proof security of Apple software.

Posted by Cyril on August 3, 2007 at 12:26 PM (CDT)

@Cyril

Where’s it mentioned that this is a security update?

Posted by The Raven on August 3, 2007 at 12:37 PM (CDT)

None of the previous iTunes updates have addressed the issue of the view options on the Nano (at least my 8GB) resetting themselves every time it’s disconnected. It may not be Infuriating, but it sure is exasperating. Hopefully they’ve fixed it this time.

Posted by Voh Poh! on August 3, 2007 at 3:22 PM (CDT)

I agree with ScottytheMenace.  The number-sorting issue is the only reason I haven’t upgraded since 7.2.x (the latest version before the sorting issue).

Posted by Craig on August 4, 2007 at 11:59 AM (CDT)

I just upgraded to PC version 7.3.2.6 (how many sub-versions do they need??) and it shows my 30GB iPod has 2.78GB free space (about right I’m guessing) but audio takes up 1,390,289.6GB. Neat trick Apple! It used to be correct but guess what - I deleted the old download file. Sigh.

Posted by boypeter99 on August 6, 2007 at 2:00 AM (CDT)

damn…i should’ve keep my 7.2x
the new upgrades sucks
the whole album sorting alphabetical order thing messed my library list up

A
B
C
[CDS]
D
E…. etc
some reason it goes back to the beginning of the alphabets to “A” “A State of Trance”
then back to
T,U, V and so on

hope this is not too confusion…but this is driving me mad

Posted by h.aku on August 6, 2007 at 3:50 PM (CDT)

Anyone have a problem downloading this update?  They usually download in a minute.  This one is taking like a half hour.  What gives?!

Posted by Chris on August 7, 2007 at 9:57 PM (CDT)

ScottytheMenace <—-

Man alive, I’m so glad someone else mentioned that sort thing. I’ve been searching the net trying to figure out if I was the only one with this problem. And this to the list of problems with itunes:

1. Itunes load time is 10 seconds if not on bootup, Winamp is 1 second.

2: Itunes does not allow customization of ripped content (folders, naming scheme etc).
Standard is:

Band - Album - Track # - song.mp3

not

Track # - song.mp3 (itunes)

3: Other programs have difficulty detecting songs images added by itunes (windows media player for example).

4: Order of music. Numbers come before letters. WTF?

Posted by Ben on August 16, 2007 at 9:28 AM (CDT)

the sorting thing made me mad too

who puts numbers after letters?

this new iTunes sucks

Posted by bily on September 6, 2007 at 4:38 PM (CDT)