Apple releases iTunes 7.4.2 | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes 7.4.2

Apple today released iTunes 7.4.2, the latest update to the company’s jukebox software, and the second update since iTunes 7.4 was introduced on September 5th. According to Apple’s release notes, “iTunes 7.4.2 addresses an issue with creating ringtones using iTunes Plus song purchases and includes bug fixes to improve stability and performance.” iTunes 7.4.2 for Mac and PC is available as a free download through Apple’s Software Update utility or from the company’s website.

« Apple goes with O2, reveals iPhone UK launch details

Mix: iFixit, iPhone baby, Laptop, touch »

Comments

Wow, another update already? lol

Is it working for anyone?  I tried downloading it, but I keep getting stuck at 76%.

Posted by illegalattempt on September 17, 2007 at 7:38 PM (CDT)

Having the same problem on my third try now.

Posted by Steven Bates on September 17, 2007 at 7:53 PM (CDT)

3rd times the charm download successful now i will wait for the bugs to appear.

Posted by steven Bates on September 17, 2007 at 8:09 PM (CDT)

Update didn’t work for me. It asked me to install the program manually instead.

Posted by css1323 on September 17, 2007 at 8:36 PM (CDT)

I downloaded the new software and the bug fixer, now i cannot play any of the songs i downloaded from websites through my ipod. Now all those songs sound distorted. Only after i downloaded this software was   I having this problem. But, the songs play fine thru my computer. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I already tried to restore my ipod and nothing happend…help me!

Posted by GoPhils22 on September 17, 2007 at 10:00 PM (CDT)

Has anyone else noticed that the Apple Software Update program used when you click on “Check For Updates” in iTunes never works?

Whenever I try it it freezes. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Posted by mattt. on September 17, 2007 at 10:09 PM (CDT)

damn, I can’t believe how many people have these crazy problems. The only serious problem i had was not being able to get album art to show

Posted by qtran69 on September 18, 2007 at 2:43 AM (CDT)

Hi everyone,
I got my 3rd ipod classic in less than a week I’ve had trouble with each of time. None of them update the music, or play the music, I can’t even get it to work for 1 second without it crashing. Can someone please help resolve this issue. I’m truly going outta my freakin my mind.
Thanks.

Posted by Alex on September 18, 2007 at 3:33 AM (CDT)

have yo put music on it alex?
i’m lucky any problem with classic 160 gb ipod no problems itunes.
i’m thinking about some people try to discredit ipod apple etc after the great improvements on ipod iphone ...

Posted by gonzalo on September 18, 2007 at 6:57 AM (CDT)

So the update finally downloaded, and everything is well.  No issues for me.

Posted by illegalattempt on September 18, 2007 at 8:51 AM (CDT)

I’ll go on record as having had zero problems with downloading, performing and using the update. And, yes, the Apple Software Update app worked just fine, too (under Vista, no less). Just want to counterbalance the impression that the process is rife with problems.

Posted by David on September 18, 2007 at 10:33 AM (CDT)

Just installed the update - have lost over 6000 songs from iTunes, all my playlists, all my album art and all my ratings.
Anyone else had the same problem?

Posted by Gav on September 18, 2007 at 12:09 PM (CDT)

I downloaded the update yesterday and no problem, just updated my 5g 60gb ipod and my u2 ipod and no problem, just hope that when my 160 gb arrives it works fine as these two.

Does anyone knows if the video out works with the apple universal dock?

Posted by FRANCISCO CARDENAS CAMPERO on September 18, 2007 at 12:28 PM (CDT)

now itunes doesn’t see my ipod video when i plug it in. anyone else had this problem?

Posted by matt on September 19, 2007 at 1:20 AM (CDT)

Gav,

Same freakin thing happened to me!

Anyone know what the dealio is?

Posted by Andrew on September 20, 2007 at 9:40 AM (CDT)

same problem as Gav and Andrew -_-

Posted by Norman on September 20, 2007 at 6:40 PM (CDT)

I just tend to stay away from updates unless they actually DO something useful. I have 7.3 right now, and it’s working fine; and from what I can tell, the new itunes does nothing to improve my itunes expereince. So why risk it I reckon?? Traditionally, Itunes updates tend to be shit, and I don’t wanna screw up my library ANY MORE (once was enough thanks).

Posted by parv on September 23, 2007 at 6:13 PM (CDT)