Apple releases iTunes 7.5, adds support for new iPod game | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes 7.5, adds support for new iPod game

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, November 5, 2007
News Categories: iTunes

Apple has released iTunes 7.5 for Mac and Windows. According to Apple, iTunes 7.5 “features the ability to activate iPhone wherever service is offered and support for Phase, a new interactive music game designed exclusively for iPod nano (third generation), iPod classic, and iPod (fifth generation). This release also includes bug fixes to improve stability and performance.” As of this writing, the game, Phase, has yet to appear on the iTunes Store. iTunes 7.5 is available via Apple’s Software Update application or as a download from apple.com/itunes.

« Apple QuickTime 7.3 adds iTunes 7.5, further iPhone content support

Mix: Google, O2, SNL, Carphone, Pricing »

Comments

I just updated my Powermac G5 at work to iTunes 7.5, and I’ve noticed that there are new icons for iPod battery status and rigntones, but most importantly, connecting my iPod DOES NOT CAUSE ITUNES TO FREEZE ANYMORE!

w00t!

I don’t know if there is an update for the iPod yet, because my iPod is Windoze formatted, so I guess I’ll have to wait till I get home to see if there are any OTHER improvements.

Posted by ahMEmon on November 5, 2007 at 1:19 PM (PDT)

hope that works for the classic problems with coverflow and batteries ¡¡¡¡¡
downloadingggg

Posted by gonzalo on November 5, 2007 at 2:17 PM (PDT)

Most likely the game will join the iTunes store tomorrow since they do update the store every Tuesday. Also since they announced it, most likely it means it will come soon…

Just stating the obvious I guess.

Posted by kharani on November 5, 2007 at 4:49 PM (PDT)

Umm.. where is this new game? I just downloaded the new version of itunes, looked for the game in itunes store and didn’t see it, and no ipod update.

Help?

Posted by Tabby B on November 5, 2007 at 5:20 PM (PDT)

To the fella that says iTunes doesn’t freeze anymore thanks to this update, I don’t believe ya wink

I’ve been dealing with that crap every time I connect my iPod for months now.  No one on the forums here can offer help, because they don’t create the iTunes software.

I just know I’m tired of dealing with it.  I just want to update my darn iPod.

Posted by Matthew Watts on November 5, 2007 at 6:02 PM (PDT)

Well I just up dated my ipod and iTunes didn’t freeze up. It’s diffidently a step in the right direction.

Posted by scrolling on November 5, 2007 at 6:53 PM (PDT)

Downloading Itunes 7.5 for windows vista right now….
cant wait to see the inprovements and some other new features!

Posted by Julzz on November 6, 2007 at 1:28 AM (PDT)

Some belated credit to Apple - iTunes 7.5 solves the syncing/ejecting issues with the iPod Classic. In fact its even reasonably snappy in performance.

Posted by dimmer on November 6, 2007 at 3:12 AM (PDT)

Great; if only they would allow incremental updates, so I don’t have to download over 60MB of iTunes every month. It wasn’t so bad when they updated a couple of times a year, but they’re quite frequent now, leaving big downloads for not much gain.

Posted by Jamie on November 6, 2007 at 3:33 AM (PDT)

My ipod nano 3rd generation has been updated to 1.1 and i bought phase but im not sure if if works with my ipod can anyone tell me if phase will work with my ipod on its current update and if it can can you tell me how to put phase on it plzzzzzzzzzzzz help

Posted by A person with a question... on March 16, 2008 at 4:47 PM (PDT)