Apple releases iTunes 7.6.2 update | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes 7.6.2 update

Apple this evening released iTunes 7.6.2, the latest version of their digital media management application. According to Apple, the release simply includes “bug fixes to improve stability and performance.” iTunes 7.6.2 is available now through Apple’s Software Update application, or as a free download from apple.com/itunes. [via TUAW]

« AT&T exec: 3G iPhone to appear in ‘months’

Nike: Sportband release no sign of Apple rift »

Comments

The word on the street is that this update fixes the bug where the last few seconds of the last track of a CD are cut off.

Posted by Charles Starrett on April 2, 2008 at 10:27 PM (CDT)

It does since I just re-imported the last track of a CD that got cut off with 7.6.1 and it isn’t cut off anymore after using 7.6.2 to re-rip the song!

Posted by Charles Starrett on April 2, 2008 at 11:06 PM (CDT)

I wonder how many more people with Windows are going to get suckered in to downloading Safari (if they didn’t already have it) if they update through Apple Software Update.

I can see it really easy for some people to just click “Install” without reading!

Posted by Charles Starrett on April 3, 2008 at 12:24 AM (CDT)

The iTunes store seems to load a butt load faster for me (going from one screen to another, etc).

Posted by Charles Starrett on April 3, 2008 at 4:41 AM (CDT)

I hope they solve the problem with AppleMobileDeviceService crashing everytime I sync my touch.

Posted by Charles Starrett on April 3, 2008 at 5:49 AM (CDT)

I hope they solve the problem in XP where it locks up the entire PC and forces a reboot.

Posted by Charles Starrett on April 3, 2008 at 1:02 PM (CDT)