Apple releases iTunes 7.7 | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes 7.7

Apple has released iTunes 7.7, the latest update to its digital media management application. iTunes 7.7 features support for the iPhone 3G and iPhone Software 2.0, the App Store and related applications for the iPhone and iPod touch, including Apple’s new Remote application that allows for iPhone or iPod touch control of iTunes playback, iPhone support for Nike+, and more. iTunes 7.7 is available now through Apple’s Software Update application, or as a free download from apple.com/itunes.

« App Store opens, 500+ applications, 25% free [updated]

Mophie reveals Juice Pack for iPod touch »

Comments

And the app store is open too (in UK at least). I downloaded 7.7, added the Applications item in the General preferences and I could get into the App Store and download the remote etc :)

Just need to figure out how to get the software update for my Touch now :)

Posted by robroe in Manchester, UK on July 10, 2008 at 6:13 AM (CDT)

I’ve downloaded all the free apps I want. The App Store doesn’t appear on the iTunes Store home page, but if you make Applications visible in the General tab in Preferences, you can click the Get More Applications link in the Applications view and Voila! apps aplenty.

I don’t expect the 2.0 for the Touch until Friday.

Posted by Japester on July 10, 2008 at 6:20 AM (CDT)

I see no Nike+ app in the store. :-( Are they hiding it from non-US customers, maybe?

Posted by Mark on July 10, 2008 at 8:19 AM (CDT)

I guess the apple store is getting traffic because the itunes download page is conveniently loading all but the download button.  If anyone can help please do.

Posted by Dan Lipson on July 10, 2008 at 8:20 AM (CDT)

Or did you mean iTunes itself has the Nike+ support built in?

Posted by Mark on July 10, 2008 at 9:14 AM (CDT)

I am still getting the message that 7.6.2 is the current version when I check for updates.

Posted by Flippy Hambone on July 10, 2008 at 9:33 AM (CDT)

Mark,

iTunes 7.7 adds support for receiving Nike+ information from iPhone and iPod touch devices, as shown in this preferences screenshot:

Actual on-device support for Nike+ will likely arrive in the 2.0 software, although we will not be able to confirm that until it is released.

Posted by Charles Starrett on July 10, 2008 at 9:41 AM (CDT)

My iPod touch now takes much longer to mount with iTunes 7.7. I haven’t timed it, but it’s somewhere between 30 seconds and a minute. Before it would show up almost instantly. Anybody else experiencing this?

Posted by Butch Hauke on July 10, 2008 at 10:00 AM (CDT)

I am also getting the message that 7.6.2 is current version,  Help!

Posted by Karyn on July 10, 2008 at 10:23 AM (CDT)

I too keep getting the message that 7.6.2 is the current version, even after downloading and installing it from the itunes website?

Posted by LionTing on July 10, 2008 at 10:33 AM (CDT)

The itunes update feature isn’t picking up 7.7 yet, you need to get it directly from the website- it’s out there.

Posted by Andrea Johnson on July 10, 2008 at 10:37 AM (CDT)

I restarted, redownloaded and reinstalled. It’s all working now with version 7.7.

Posted by LionTing on July 10, 2008 at 10:47 AM (CDT)

Installed v 7.7 but now my list of music which is stored in an external hard drive is not map properly anymore. I get these exclamation mark in front of my music name in the list. Please help! Is there a way to tell iTunes where are all my music, so it map properly. I get this “music not found” popup now.

Posted by Justin on July 10, 2008 at 11:34 AM (CDT)

I can map the music one by one but it’s ridiculous when I have like over 3000 to go through. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted by Justin on July 10, 2008 at 11:36 AM (CDT)

Look at Advanced > General tab in Preferences. Probably the iTunes Music Folder Location has changed. Simply change it to what it should be.

Posted by Japester on July 10, 2008 at 11:46 AM (CDT)

Butch - 30-60 seconds to mount your iPod Touch is the very minimum I’ve ever experienced using any version of iTunes.  And then it usually takes about 10 minutes (not exaggerating) to “back up” and sync.  So if 7.7 is any longer, bleh!  Maybe it’ll shorten it up for me.

Posted by Beth M. on July 10, 2008 at 11:51 AM (CDT)

For some reason when I mapped it to my external hard drive which is at E:\My Documents\My Music

it still does not work. is it a bug?

Posted by Justin on July 10, 2008 at 11:57 AM (CDT)

I have installed iPhone 2.0 and iTunes 7.7.  Nike+ is not supported.

Posted by Joel Sercel on July 10, 2008 at 12:29 PM (CDT)

Beth—My iPod touch always mounted within 5 to 10 seconds before iTunes 7.7. Sync times seem the same as before (less than a minute, as I manually manage my music).

Posted by Butch Hauke on July 10, 2008 at 1:26 PM (CDT)

anyone having the same problem that I have after installing v7.7 where the music suddenly is the map property. I’ve went to Edit > Preference > Advanced Tab > General > change iTunes folder locattion to my external hard drive which is E:\My Documents\My Music

Am I missing something??

Posted by Justin on July 10, 2008 at 6:40 PM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >