Apple releases iTunes 9.0.1, fixes Mini Player behavior | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes 9.0.1, fixes Mini Player behavior

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, September 23, 2009
News Categories: iTunes

Apple has released iTunes 9.0.1, the latest version of its digital media management and playback software. According to Apple’s release notes, the update “resolves issues browsing the iTunes Store, addresses a performance issue where iTunes may become unresponsive, fixes a problem where iTunes may unexpectedly quit, fixes a problem syncing Podcasts in playlists to iPod or iPhone, fixes a problem sorting albums with multiple discs, improves application syncing for iPod touch and iPhone,” and, notably, “addresses an issue with the Zoom button not switching to Mini Player. The updated software also has Genius automatically update to show Genius Mixes without the need for any user intervention. iTunes 9.0.1 is available now through Apple’s Software Update utility or as a free download from apple.com/itunes.

« iPhone gains regulatory approval in South Korea

Comments

This still does not fix the random smart playlist order on my iPhone.  I created artist specific playlists based on high ratings.  I sort by year (oldest to newest).  They do not translate this way to my phone.

Posted by jesse1623 on September 23, 2009 at 11:10 AM (PDT)

One thing it does fix though is, iPods can finally be restored again.  I tried on a fifth generation iPod, and a 2008 iPod classic, and had no issues restoring them.  Kind of afraid to try on my 64GB iPod touch though.  If anyone needs to, (and is willing to), let me know what happens.

Posted by David on September 23, 2009 at 11:43 AM (PDT)

Bugger.
I liked the new Mini-Player behaviour.
The MIni-Player is an Option/Alternative so using the <Option><Zoom> made sense.
iTunes isn’t going to get better if regressive types complain every time something changes.

Posted by Dan Woods on September 23, 2009 at 1:38 PM (PDT)

A temp fix for the smartlist is to uncheck live updating right before you sync your phone. It will sync the way you have it set up in itunes.

Posted by Brian on September 24, 2009 at 4:40 AM (PDT)

Still have issues with Syncing my iPod Touch on Vista and with iTunes (64-bit) version. Gives some disk error and not able to read the drive message each time. This is my second iPod Touch I am trying to sync, the first one got bricked (Apple store gave me a new one under warranty).. Don’t know if it’s an Apple problem of a Vista problem…

Vista is a POS btw

Posted by DaveWorld on September 24, 2009 at 9:30 AM (PDT)

Finally they fix the minimize problem. Now only if they could make it not look butt ugly!

Posted by Alan on September 26, 2009 at 2:51 AM (PDT)

I still can’t connect to the iTunes Store with this update. All I get are blue boxed question marks. The loading page progress bar hangs half way through.

Posted by rivertrek on September 28, 2009 at 9:53 AM (PDT)