Apple releases iTunes 9.0.3 | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes 9.0.3

Apple today released iTunes 9.0.3, the latest update to its digital media management software. According to the release notes, the update “provides a number of important bug fixes,” including a fix for iTunes ignoring users’ “Remember password for purchases” settings, a fix for problems when syncing some Smart Playlists and Podcasts with iPods, resolution for a problem recognizing when an iPod is connected, and various stability and performance issue fixes. iTunes 9.0.3 is available now via Apple’s Software Update utility and as direct download from itunes.com.

« Uncommon Custom Case Giveaway - Winners Announced

NLU introduces BodyGuardz for iPad »

Comments

I’m installing now, wish me luck. I’m particularly optimistic in that this update has absolutely nothing to do with a product release AND is coming on a Monday, meaning they are well aware they’re probably about to create a long weekend for themselves after they fail to address all the problems from it by Friday smile

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on February 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM (PDT)

If this fixes the problems I get when trying to update my 5th generation iPod, which iTunes just as often fails to detect is connected, I will be happy. I was actually starting to worry that the iPod was dying.

Posted by Queen Dragon on February 1, 2010 at 7:52 PM (PDT)

This update didn’t fix the taskbar pin issue in Windows 7 (same icon isn’t used in the taskbar when opened, another icon appears).  :(

Perhaps it’s Microsoft’s fault.

Posted by Tyler C on February 1, 2010 at 11:47 PM (PDT)

Nope - still crashes when I click the Podcasts tab of my connected and synced iPod touch.

Posted by Niels Fan√łe on February 2, 2010 at 2:12 AM (PDT)

I’ve uninstalled and am going back to 9.02 as I write this. Started throwing “unable to read/write to the iPod” errors even though it had just finished doing just that, i.e. even though it was throwing errors, the sync process *appeared* to be correct. Twice the iTunes process hung in the background, left my Windows taskbar unresponsive and the computer unable to restart or shutdown because iTunes would never stop.

This is possibly related to me being dumb enough to update through the Apple Software updater instead of just downloading the whole package separately (I think the ASU has about a 30% success rate for actually doing what you tell it to do on Windows, I ought to just disable the process).

Anyhow, 9.02 was solid for me, so I’m going back to there.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on February 2, 2010 at 6:09 AM (PDT)

I would love to them fix the SPL’s.  It appears correct in iTunes and when my iPhone is connected to iTunes but not on the iPhone itself.  I can’t even figure out how it’s putting the list on the iPhone.

So far the freezing hasn’t stopped when updating my phone.

Posted by Audrey McGirt on February 2, 2010 at 1:35 PM (PDT)

Yes, Apple has finally fixed the bug with recently added playlists being out of order on the Touch!

Posted by TallPaul on February 2, 2010 at 1:52 PM (PDT)

It didn’t correct the problem of the itunes store displaying in jibberish.

Posted by AkOtaku on February 2, 2010 at 7:43 PM (PDT)

Updated to 9.0.3 and still getting completely randomized song ordering in my smart playlists on my iPhone 3Gs..?

Posted by Herr Doktor on February 3, 2010 at 3:34 PM (PDT)

Everything is fine (garbage in yadda yadda yadda…)

Posted by solar on February 4, 2010 at 12:07 PM (PDT)

I am having REAL problems with changing the info/artwork when I try to edit numerous tracks at the same time…. downgrading now…

Posted by Deliriou5 on February 7, 2010 at 1:11 AM (PDT)

I recently upgraded to iTunes 9.0.3 and I continue to have the same problem with smart playlists showing in some completely random order on my iPod Touch.

Posted by kwsanders on February 8, 2010 at 2:33 PM (PDT)

When i updated, iTunes 9.03 deleted all the music I had in my iTunes PC library. I am uninstalling, now.

Posted by ML on February 9, 2010 at 6:13 PM (PDT)