Apple releases iTunes 9.2, brings iOS 4, iPhone 4 support | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes 9.2, brings iOS 4, iPhone 4 support

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, June 16, 2010
News Categories: Apple, iPhone, iPod, iTunes

image

Apple has released iTunes 9.2, the latest update to its media management software. According to Apple’s release notes, iTunes 9.2 includes support for iPhone 4 and iOS 4, as well as the ability to organize and sync books to iPhones and iPod touch units with iBooks 1.1, support for iBooks PDF management, the ability to create and manage iOS 4 home screen folders from within iTunes, album art speed improvements, and faster backups when syncing a device running iOS 4. iTunes 9.2 is available now via Apple’s Software Update utility or as a direct download from apple.com/itunes.

« Best Buy halts iPhone 4 pre-orders

Orange announces iPhone 4 pricing for U.K. »

Comments

I’m on Outlook 2007 and on iTunes 9.2.1.5 and I have the same annoying error message ‘COULD NOT SYNC CONTACTS(CALENDAR) TO IPHONE BECAUSE THE SYNC SERVER FAILED TO SYNC TO PHONE’ I hope they sort this out soon as I rely on my calander functionality a lot :(

Posted by Louise Davies on August 9, 2010 at 3:57 AM (PDT)

Yet another user in iPhone sync hell:
iPhone 3G
iPhone software: 3.1.3
iTunes 9.2.0.61
Outlook 2003;

The “Transfer Purchases” option also fails, so if I upgrade the phone, I lose all of my Apps.  Nice.

Will somebody from Apple at least acknowledge the problem?

Posted by Kate Schell on August 11, 2010 at 10:20 AM (PDT)

I have the same problem - can’t sync calendars to the iphone because the sync server failed to sync the phone. Only started having this problem in the last few months - probably when I upgraded. I have an 1st gen iphone running 3.1.3 and itunes 9.2.1.5 with Outlook 2003. I saw a possible fix to over-write the calendar on the iphone with the outlook calendar, but I enter so much directly into my iphone that I will lose way too much info. Has anyone found a fix yet? I am desperate!

Posted by Samantha Tanenholtz on August 23, 2010 at 8:17 PM (PDT)

Hey boys

I cant sync either.  Really annoying - I rely on sync heavily with changes in my diary.

I am glad I googl;ed this error and I found you guys.  I am no tech head.

I think apple is starting to have lots of quality issues.  Not very happy.

Any answers yet?

Posted by Nathan on August 25, 2010 at 6:05 AM (PDT)

Having same calendar problemm with Windows 7, Outlook 2007 and the latest and awfulest Apple iPhone software. You’d think they would have tested the software - guess they’ve decided to take follow Microsoft’s lead

Posted by Roger on August 31, 2010 at 10:36 AM (PDT)

I read one note that said they removed the folder called “synch services” and it worked. Problem is, I can’t find the folder either in itunes or using windows explorer

Posted by Roger on August 31, 2010 at 10:46 AM (PDT)

I found a potential fix, but my attempts to post the URL with the fix here are failing.

Trying the fix now, and if it works, I’ll try to figure out another way to post it. (Posting this comment mainly to see if it’s just blocking me from posting the link because it suspects I’m a spammer.)

Posted by Ken on August 31, 2010 at 5:43 PM (PDT)

Yes, the fix works.

Let’s see if I can find a way to post the link:

discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2558229&tstart=30

Posted by Ken on August 31, 2010 at 5:44 PM (PDT)

Same problem after I updated my iTune to version 9.2.1.5 . My iPhone version is 2.2. Is there any way of gettng older iTune? Unfortunately I deleted the saved copy. Suppose I do find older iTune, would it install over current version?

Posted by Pravin on August 31, 2010 at 9:23 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2