Apple releases iTunes update | iLounge News

Apple releases iTunes update

Along with updates to its other Mac-only iLife applications, Apple today released iTunes 6.0.3. According to the release notes, the update “includes stability and performance improvements over iTunes 6.0.2.” A detailed list of changes was not provided. The update is available from Apple’s website for Windows and Mac users, and via the Mac OS X software update preference pane for Mac users.

« Amazon plans digital music service, branded player

Apple adds comedy genre to iTunes Music Store »

Comments

Well I found one update.  The Rating setting when setting up a Smart Playlist is now fixed.  Before if you clicked one start, it would set it at 3, 2 would set to 4, and 5 for the rest.  Now it works like it should.

Posted by LilAlienD in Maryland on February 15, 2006 at 5:22 PM (CST)

As long as it’s not as bad as iTunes 5….

Posted by GenuineSpyke in Norfolk, England on February 15, 2006 at 5:39 PM (CST)

Scroll bars now seem to behave properly too - going all the way to the top and bottom. Looks like this one clears all the big bugs.

Posted by Weeble on February 15, 2006 at 6:18 PM (CST)

Any one know if they are going to fix the muxed audio situation for encoding videos?

Posted by the4starish in San Diego on February 15, 2006 at 6:48 PM (CST)

Whew…they left the nifty TV Show categorization/iPod bug in, so I still have to store episodes of TV shows I rip from my DVDs in Movies or Music Videos.  I was worried that might be corrected…

Posted by Clam on February 15, 2006 at 10:24 PM (CST)

This is the first time that I’ve updated iTunes. Lately it’s been acting weird and popping up for no reason. Now it’s up all the time and whenever I click to close it out about 5 seconds later it pops back up again! I don’t feel any need to update iTunes really since I only use it for my iPod I listen to my music with WMP. I was hoping that this update would fix it but I’m confused. When I try to get the upgrade it seems like it’s putting iTunes on my computer all over again rather than just updating it. Is this the way it works? I’m just so used to programs updating in like 30 seconds and to completely reinstall the program seemed strange to me so I thought I’d make sure I was doing it right.

(sorry I didn’t put this in the forums but it’s a simple question and I thought I might get a quicker response here)

Posted by Werewolf on February 15, 2006 at 11:15 PM (CST)

Werewolf, you did it right.

Posted by cavemonkey50 on February 15, 2006 at 11:25 PM (CST)

Yes, it’s the update is the whole program. I don’t know why, but every iTunes update reinstalls the whole program.

About it popping up all of the time, I’ve never heard of that happening, so I don’t know what to tell you.

Posted by Jason on February 15, 2006 at 11:28 PM (CST)

Werewolf: You don’t have a keybaord with a media key or something to do you?  It could be acting up, or stuck or something, and periodically launching iTunes by mistake.

Posted by Bryce on February 15, 2006 at 11:49 PM (CST)

Clam, have you tried using the program called Lostify to set the TV Shows to “TV Shows”?  It works pretty well, but you can only do them one by one.

Posted by LilAlienD in Maryland on February 15, 2006 at 11:56 PM (CST)

Thanks for the help guys.

I do have a multimedia keyboard but there’s nothing funky going on with it from what I can see. I’m shutting off the computer now. Maybe tomorrow the problem will be gone. You never know with these Dell doohickeys….

Peace

Posted by Werewolf on February 16, 2006 at 12:07 AM (CST)

Is the version 1.1 firmware on the iPod compatable with this update?

Just want to make sure before updating.

Posted by Iggy on February 16, 2006 at 3:15 AM (CST)

All iPods should be compatible.

I have the Windows version of iTunes, but instead of having the little square buttons and the file, edit, ect. menus at the top, it just has a bar that looks superimposed over it. It also covers half the window that shows song info and play time, and half the play pause and skip buttons. I’ve uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled, but nothing changed. No updates have fixed it. Does anybody have any information on why this happens?

Posted by Cecil on February 16, 2006 at 6:57 AM (CST)

Werewolf - do you have any widgets open?  I had that same problem and found that closing down widgets before closing iTunes fixed the problem.  Hope that helps.

Posted by Martin on February 16, 2006 at 8:48 AM (CST)

Cecil, you probably have a plugin installed that draws a different toolbar on top of iTunes like the multi-plugin.  Check your program files\itunes\plug-ins dir for dll files.

Posted by Brian on February 16, 2006 at 9:27 AM (CST)

I updated itunes, and itunes will no longer open. Any suggestions? I tried removing the software and reinstalling it, but that didn’t work either any suggestions?

Posted by Thumper on February 16, 2006 at 10:41 AM (CST)

Werewolf, are you using MSN along with iTunes? If so, check your MSN settings. Make sure the option to display whatever song you are listening to in MSN is switched off before closing iTunes. Otherwise MSN will ‘force’ it to reopen again.

Posted by Deep3lue in Singapore on February 16, 2006 at 12:29 PM (CST)

not to be rude to you guys but this is not the forum section so questions and concerns should be taken up at the software forums section… youll get more help there. It is here that you post comments about the update and not how to get help using it. Again sorry if this sounds rude, i dont mean to put anyone off in the wrong way…

Posted by checkit on February 16, 2006 at 1:55 PM (CST)

Werewolf i have the exact same problem and found out multi-plugin or m-plugin was causing it. i updated to 2.2 and it was fixed.

Posted by dhruv on February 16, 2006 at 2:32 PM (CST)

Since upgrading to the latest version of Itunes the Library displays all my file with ! next to the songs. I have had to go through the library again and add all on my Albums again.

Posted by Mr.187 on February 17, 2006 at 2:00 AM (CST)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >