Apple releases Software 1.0.3 for iPod nano 4G | iLounge News

Apple releases Software 1.0.3 for iPod nano 4G

Apple has released Software Version 1.0.3 for the fourth-generation iPod nano. According to the company, the update adds support for Apple’s new In-Ear Headphones and Earphones with Remote and Mic, a setting to turn off Cover Flow when rotating, and a Cover Flow menu item in the Music menu. Other changes include fixes for instability issues with the Nike + iPod Sport Kit, problems with album art and photos distorting after playing a slideshow and waking from sleep, respectively, and other general bug fixes. Software Version 1.0.3 for the fourth-generation iPod nano is available now via the Update feature in iTunes.

« Apple issues 2.0.1 update for iPod classic (120GB)

Jobs: iPhone platform may become ‘viable’ in mobile games market »

Comments

If the nano now supports the new earbuds, then perhaps the iPhone will with the 2.2 update. smile

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on November 12, 2008 at 10:21 AM (PDT)

Posted by Carlos on November 12, 2008 at 11:51 AM (PDT)

I’m very happy about the ability to turn the accelerometer / cover flow option off.  Now I can keep my Nano in my pocket with out the worry of running my battery down because of this option forcefully being on.  Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a cool feature, but not exactly a pocket friendly option.

Posted by Phoenixfury on November 12, 2008 at 12:02 PM (PDT)

I was in love with my pink nano that I got for my birthday. But coverflow ruined it, along with the crunchy sound and channel swapping. I’m so glad Apple fixed the coverflow issue. Too bad they didn’t do it right the first time…all those returned nanos…

Posted by Laura on November 12, 2008 at 7:25 PM (PDT)

“The one bug apple didn’t fix was turning the volume all the way down during playback does not work. “

That isn’t a bug, that’s the way it’s supposed to be so you know when your ipod is still playing music rather than it being on pause

Posted by Dominic on November 13, 2008 at 3:46 AM (PDT)

uhm… god day to all! i got some problem with my ipod 4g.. why is it when i’m tilting it to 90 degrees or the other the coverflow is not showing.. i wonder why.. :( can you help about this….

Posted by paul on November 15, 2008 at 1:09 AM (PDT)

Does it still allow you to rip CD’s to your iPod?

Posted by Robbie Sexsmith on November 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM (PDT)

How do i download iPod nano 4G Software Update 1.0.3 rather than downloading from itunes is there any other option since my internet connections disconnects so i redownload till now i couldnt download 100% please mention if there is any option

Posted by vishal on June 6, 2010 at 12:02 PM (PDT)