Apple releases software 1.1.4 for iPhone and iPod touch | iLounge News

Apple releases software 1.1.4 for iPhone and iPod touch

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, February 26, 2008
News Categories: iPhone

Apple has released software version 1.1.4 for the iPhone and iPod touch. According to Apple, the update “includes bug fixes and supersedes all previous versions.” It is currently unclear whether any new features have been added with the update; however, with Apple scheduled to release the iPhone and iPod touch software development kit (SDK) this week, it is possible that this update could be a precursor to that release. iPhone and iPod touch software version 1.1.4 is available now through the update feature in iTunes.

« NPD: iTunes to replace Wal-Mart as top music retailer this year

Analyst: iPod, iPhone no longer ‘growth drivers’ for Apple »

Comments

@urbanslaughter: by turn off, do you mean just sleep the device?  Or do you mean a full power off (as in the phone won’t ring and it needs to reboot when you power it back on)?
Thanks

Posted by dodo on February 27, 2008 at 12:42 AM (PDT)

He means completely power off, not just put it to sleep.

Posted by PodFather on February 27, 2008 at 3:13 AM (PDT)

Well I tried to do th eupdate which threw back an error. When I tried again it hung when nearly completed; had to unplug the iphne and reboot the pc. iphone was then in recovery mode so I had to do a full reset….anyway, finaly all working again with the udate fully installed grin

Posted by ptrendy on February 27, 2008 at 8:17 AM (PDT)

Typed it too quickly and so the typos when submitted ;-(

Posted by ptrendy on February 27, 2008 at 8:20 AM (PDT)

biomac, show notes were working as of 1.1.3. Unless they changed something so that the notes didn’t have to be added in a different eay just for the iPhone. Can any one confirm that. I haven’t installed 1.1.4 yet, downloading it now.

Posted by WyattEarp on February 27, 2008 at 8:50 AM (PDT)

After I installed the update I could not make or receive phone calls.  I fixed it by powering off the phone (hold down the sleep switch until prompted) and then turned it back on.

Posted by Chrystopher on February 27, 2008 at 9:25 AM (PDT)

So I have to periodically reboot my iPhone to keep it from crashing?  I thought it was running OS X Lite not Windows Mobile or Windows Vista Lite.  Hmmmph!

Posted by dodo on February 27, 2008 at 9:45 AM (PDT)

First call I tried to make after the update froze my iphone. Took me an hour to “restore” and I had to reload all my music. Wish I would have stuck with my Sprint Treo.

Posted by Kevin S on February 27, 2008 at 8:41 PM (PDT)

I downloaded the new 1.1.4 version to my ipod touch. It took a long time for it to download but it has made no changes to my ipod mines not jailbroken so i dont know what it would do to the jailbroken ones.

Posted by Blake on February 28, 2008 at 5:54 AM (PDT)

I had a weird error with my iPod Touch. I bought the Software Upgrade when it came out in Jan. The 1.1.3 update deleted it and I had to get the iTunes Store to make it available for download again. 1.1.4 also deleted it, but after the first sync, the software upgrade appeared again, without having to install the Upgrade again. Has anyone seen this?

Posted by Japester on February 28, 2008 at 3:46 PM (PDT)

Was there always a small border or LCD around the home screen and the camera and other menus that isn’t active? Maybe Apple is deleting those out for possible battery life extention and only make them active for coverflow or watching movies?

Posted by Matt D. on February 28, 2008 at 10:50 PM (PDT)

Somebody here know something about the new feature “copy And Paiste”????
I was looking for before and i saw that it will be in 1.1.4.
Somebbody knows something????
Vinnie

Posted by Vinnie on March 1, 2008 at 5:16 AM (PDT)

It seems that 1.1.4 is an improvement over 1.1.3.  However, has anyone had any of the problems noted in the 1/25 article in iLounge?
The most serious of these problems was having the iPod touch stuck in recovery mode and then not being able to be restored.  (Many had to return the device to Apple.)  Also, the “solutions” (e.g., disable anti-virus software; delete temporary internet files; etc.) offerred on the forums did not work.

In short, is 1.1.4 completely safe?

Posted by CRB on March 1, 2008 at 9:45 AM (PDT)

does it cost money to update to 1.1.4

Posted by hoih on March 1, 2008 at 8:28 PM (PDT)

I’ve yet to have any problems updating. My only advice is to wait until the SDK is out instead of jailbreaking. Half those apps add bugs/don’t work that well anyways. The ones that do will surely be available for download once the SDK is released.

Posted by Brandon on March 2, 2008 at 2:37 PM (PDT)

Is anyone having problems with Google Maps crashing after getting directions from wherever you are to a location??

Posted by Devin Medina on March 7, 2008 at 9:54 AM (PDT)

I have been trying to update my iphone but it comes up with a dumb error 1602. and then it reset everthing… help if you can?

Posted by attMan on March 9, 2008 at 9:33 PM (PDT)

Has anyone had trouble downloading 1.1.4 update?  I get a message saying err + 3259 and saying the network connection was lost.  I have no virus software on and the firewall settings are as permissive as they get.

Posted by Mark H. on March 15, 2008 at 6:48 PM (PDT)

I just downloaded the new 1.1.4 version for my Ipod Touch. Does it do anything????????

Posted by nknown on May 4, 2008 at 7:21 AM (PDT)

my ipod is 8gb and i cant get gmes for it .

plz .... i want to know how to get thisgames and play on

Posted by bolly on November 16, 2008 at 4:20 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3 >