Apple releases updated iPhone SDK with Interface Builder [updated]
Apple has released an updated version of its iPhone Software Development Kit that now includes Interface Builder, the company’s tool for designing the interface of iPhone applications. The new release, which is available as a free download for registered iPhone developers from the iPhone Dev Center, is a 1.36GB download, and is listed as build 9A2151. It remains unclear what other changes may be present in the new release; we will update this story with any new information we discover.
Update: Following installation of the updated SDK, two folders, formerly listed as Aspen.platform and AspenSimulator.platform, have been changed to iPhoneOS.platform and iPhoneSimulator.platform, respectively. As the folder title would suggest, the iPhone OS simulator formerly known as Aspen Simulator is now called iPhone Simulator, and is a later build (40) than the previous version. In addition, the version of the iPhone OS listed in the simulator has been changed, from v1.2 (5A147p) to 2.0 (5A225c), most likely to reduce confusion. A new version of Xcode is also included in the new version of the SDK, with updated component versions, and a new start screen which lets the user choose between iPhone resources and Mac OS X resources. As expected, the new version of Interface Builder lets the user choose to build Cocoa Touch interfaces (pictured).
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Cooking Dash 2016, Disney Gif, iTunes U 3.0, Swarm 2.5, + Zipcar 4.0
- Apps containing Confederate flag pulled from App Store
- Google Play Music adds free, ad-supported streaming radio
- Transistor, Adobe Hue, Mic Room, Elevate 2.0
- Apple takes App Analytics out of beta, adds new features
- Report: iPhone 6S may be slightly thicker than iPhone 6
- Apple Pay set to launch in UK on July 14?
- Report: New iPhone’s base storage could stay at 16GB
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?