Apple reveals iPhone battery testing details
Apple has added details of its iPhone battery testing to the handset’s technical specifications page. Talk Time testing was done connected to a 1900MHz network; both the Talk Time and Standby testing was done with the phone on default settings except that Call Forwarding was turned on, and the WiFi feature “Ask to Join Networks” was turned off. Internet over WiFi testing was “conducted using a closed network and dedicated web and mail server, simulating browsing to 20 popular URLs and checking mail once an hour. All settings were default except: Call Forwarding was turned on; the WiFi feature “Ask to Join Networks” and Auto-Brightness were turned off; WPA2 encryption was enabled.” Internet over EDGE testing used the same setup but utilized a 1900MHz network connection as opposed to a closed WPA2 WiFi network.
Video Playback testing was done by repeated playing of a 2 hour 23 minute film purchased from the iTunes Store (Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is 2 hours, 23 minutes long, and has appeared before in Apple promotional material), while the Audio Playback testing playlist consisted of 358 unique tracks, all 128-Kbps AAC, some from iTunes and some ripped from CD using iTunes. During both the Video and Audio playback testing, all settings were default except Call Forwarding was turned on; the WiFi feature “Ask to Join Networks” and Auto-Brightness were turned off. All the tests were conducted between May and June 2007 using preproduction iPhones and software.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?