Apple reveals iPhone battery testing details
Apple has added details of its iPhone battery testing to the handset’s technical specifications page. Talk Time testing was done connected to a 1900MHz network; both the Talk Time and Standby testing was done with the phone on default settings except that Call Forwarding was turned on, and the WiFi feature “Ask to Join Networks” was turned off. Internet over WiFi testing was “conducted using a closed network and dedicated web and mail server, simulating browsing to 20 popular URLs and checking mail once an hour. All settings were default except: Call Forwarding was turned on; the WiFi feature “Ask to Join Networks” and Auto-Brightness were turned off; WPA2 encryption was enabled.” Internet over EDGE testing used the same setup but utilized a 1900MHz network connection as opposed to a closed WPA2 WiFi network.
Video Playback testing was done by repeated playing of a 2 hour 23 minute film purchased from the iTunes Store (Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is 2 hours, 23 minutes long, and has appeared before in Apple promotional material), while the Audio Playback testing playlist consisted of 358 unique tracks, all 128-Kbps AAC, some from iTunes and some ripped from CD using iTunes. During both the Video and Audio playback testing, all settings were default except Call Forwarding was turned on; the WiFi feature “Ask to Join Networks” and Auto-Brightness were turned off. All the tests were conducted between May and June 2007 using preproduction iPhones and software.
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 4 to developers, adds Apple Watch support
- Apple Pay coming to Canada in March?
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 2 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.2, fixing missing ringtones issue
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12