Apple sales update: 220 million iPods, 30 million iPhones
During today’s Rock and Roll media event, Apple CEO Steve Jobs revealed that the company has now sold 30 million iPhones in just over two years. The App Store now offers 75,000 apps, and has seen 1.8 billion apps downloaded—a figure that does not include updates, Jobs disclosed for the first time. iTunes is now in 23 different countries, and is the #1 music retailer in the world, with sales of over 8.5 billion songs. Overall, the iTunes Store has 100,000,000 accounts with credit cards, making it one of the largest stores on the web.
In addition, Apple revealed that it has now sold 220 million iPods to date, including 20 million iPod touch units and 100 million iPod nano units. Based on the latest data, the iPod accounts for 73.8% of the US MP3 market, followed by “other,” Sandisk, and Microsoft, which accounts for 1.1%. Overall, the company said that 50% of iPods sold are bought by new to iPod customers, and that the iPod touch is the company’s fastest growing model.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?