Apple seeking iPhone, iPod touch game engineer
Apple has posted a job listing for a “Game/Media Software Engineer” to help develop “interactive multimedia experiences on the iPhone and iPod touch.” Among the preferred background requirements are 3-4 years of video game development experience, with at least one “AAA title” shipped, skills in “audio systems, graphics pipeline, and network programming,” and a passion for gaming. The job description states that the hire will “work as part of a small highly motivated team” and that the position “requires a creative thinker who can contribute and comment on the design process as well as being flexible enough to aid in all aspects of production such as asset management and able to work to a deadline.”
Mac Rumors notes that Apple has hired experienced game designer and programmer Graeme Devine, who most recently was the Lead Designer on the real-time strategy game Halo Wars for the Xbox 360, suggesting the company is forming an in-house gaming development team. Thus far, Apple has released only one first-party game for the iPhone and iPod touch, the App Store launch day title Texas Hold’em.
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 4 to developers, adds Apple Watch support
- Apple Pay coming to Canada in March?
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 2 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.2, fixing missing ringtones issue
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014