Apple seeks patent on localized iTunes Store front
A new Apple patent application suggests the company is attempting to patent location-aware services for the mobile version of the iTunes Store, similar to those seen on iPhones in a limited number of Starbucks locations. Entitled “Dynamic Presentation of Location-Specific Information,” U.S. Patent Application 20090063293 describes wireless devices displaying location-specific “information pertaining to a media item being played in an establishment, such as a store, where the portable electronic device is located.” Apple first debuted similar technology in partnership with Starbucks in September of 2007, enabling iPhone users at participating Starbucks stores to see location-specific menu in the iTunes Store that displays the currently playing and recently played tracks. Post-announcement cutbacks by Starbucks appear to have shuttered plans for a wider rollout and continued access to the special stores. [via Unwired View]
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Judge voids $532.9M ruling against Apple
- Apple aims to bring back Home Sharing for music in iOS 9
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Apple Music allows for offline listening, lacks complete iTunes library for streaming
- Report: Apple aiming for 100 million Apple Music users
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?