Apple sees growth in music downloads
During yesterdays’ Apple|U2 music event Apple’s CEO, Steve Jobs shared some “secretive” sales data reported from the iTunes Music Store. “I’ve read some articles that have said the online music industry is slowing down. We don’t know where that is coming from. We don’t normally share our data. We’re pretty secretive about it. But I want to share some data with you today so you can see what we see.” While showing the data, Jobs continued to say, “I don’t know what our competion are doing, but we’re seeing some serious growth here and we expect it to continue.” He noted that the iTunes Music Store has had 64 percent growth in the last five months. Jobs also mentioned that the iTunes Music Store has 70% of the marketshare and iTunes for Mac and Windows has been downloaded more than 85 million times.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?