Apple sends out invites for Sept. 9 special event | iLounge News

Apple sends out invites for Sept. 9 special event

Apple has begun sending out notices to various members of the media inviting them to a special event on September 9, one week from today. The invitation, entitled “Let’s Rock,” looks like an iPod Now Playing screen, with the album art replaced by one of Apple’s common silhouette iPod dancers, and the track information replaced by the event details. The “Let’s Rock” event will be held at the Yerba Buena Center for the Performing Arts in San Francisco, and is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time. iLounge will be on hand at the event to provide coverage.

« Belkin says ‘JoyPod’ iPhone gaming controller a hoax

Shure debuts SE102MPA, new family of headsets »

Comments

They better not announce a 32 gig iPhone.  I’d be pissed.

Posted by Derek on September 2, 2008 at 1:27 PM (CDT)

What I want to see is a new iPod touch that is cheaper, and has a built-in speaker. Ideally it would also have a mic. I love my iPod touch, but I’m trying to use it as a replacement for my Palm PDA and one area it falls substantially short is alarms. The psuedo-speaker in the current iPod touch is pathetic. The mic is less important, butI I want a mic mostly for gaming possibilities, such as voice chat during games, and also things like that song recognition app.

Posted by SteveJ on September 2, 2008 at 1:36 PM (CDT)

Notice the progress bar at the bottom?  This has to be more than just iPods getting announced.

Posted by AaronS on September 2, 2008 at 1:50 PM (CDT)

What on earth does the progress bar have to do with anything?

Posted by omaha on September 2, 2008 at 1:53 PM (CDT)

Beatles?

Posted by JWT0001 on September 2, 2008 at 1:57 PM (CDT)

If they announce a 32 GB iPhone, I will finally upgrade to the 3G.  I’ve been on the sidelines waiting to see if something else will be released for the Christmas shopping season.  For now my 16 GB original iPhone is meeting my needs.

Posted by Dyvim on September 2, 2008 at 2:17 PM (CDT)

Full product refresh I’m thinking and the death of the Classic…
I’m guessing with the iPhone 3G bound on the 16th to be going Pay As You Go they will have to do something to please those multi million exclusive contracts across worldwide regions… I just want video conferencing on a iPhone but I’m guessing this wont come till March conference.

Posted by sig on September 2, 2008 at 2:32 PM (CDT)

that will be great, hoping a iTablet, 60 Gb touch, and more ... oh yesssss

Posted by gonzalo on September 2, 2008 at 2:33 PM (CDT)

New iPods comming. I really am curious. Whatever they announce I think will be great to see. New Nano, Maybe finally upgrade the 5G ipod which hasn’t changed since 2005, except the storage capacity.

Posted by Pilot on September 2, 2008 at 2:37 PM (CDT)

Cheaper iPod touch - App Store for everyone!
iPod nano discontinued
iPod classic discontinued
3G shuffle with very small screen
iTunes 8

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on September 2, 2008 at 3:01 PM (CDT)

I’d say a 64Gb touch (in the 3g iPhone case), the new nano that has been reported on here and else where, and the 1 Gb shuffle is dropped (or shuffle capacities doubled).  The only thing I could see for the iPhone is new apps/firmware. I’d be surprised if they increased storage THAT quickly.
All of this based on nothing other than what ever is bouncing around in my head.
But if the 64GB touch is a reality, I’d be hard pressed to not get one to replace my 80Gb classic (other than cost).

Posted by imbluenote on September 2, 2008 at 3:04 PM (CDT)

I would seriously doubt the Classic being discontinued as it would leave other manufacturers a free run at the customers with large collections, like me (300GB and rising).

Would love to see a 64GB Touch, been holding off one till the refresh. (would it be greedy to have a Touch and a Classic ?)

Not really interested in anything else in the range.

Posted by Crime through Mime on September 2, 2008 at 3:37 PM (CDT)

The key is “rock” I’m thinking something igneous. The iRock will be thinner than previous rocks and feature rounded corners. Of course it will cost a lot more, be easy to scratch, and the battery won’t be replaceable.

I’m hoping they get rid of the classic and put a hard drive in a Touch. That way they can increase the capcity and lower the cost.

Or it could be a rock.

Posted by brted on September 2, 2008 at 3:58 PM (CDT)

while a 64GB touch would be fantastic, it is not likely. I am predicting that we see that dreaded and disgusting new nano, possibly the death of the shuffle, along with something special in iTunes.

the classic will live on-

Posted by dave on September 2, 2008 at 6:05 PM (CDT)

the hope of a HD in the touch is just that-a hope

I would like to hope for a 500GB touch but it an’t gonna happen

Posted by dave on September 2, 2008 at 6:07 PM (CDT)

I think the the tall slim nano may be possible. Looks like the guy in the invite is holding just that! Have a look.

Posted by JSM on September 2, 2008 at 6:14 PM (CDT)

That’s not a progress bar—it’s a filter-tip cigarette!  ;-)

Posted by zyzyzyzyzyzyx on September 2, 2008 at 8:48 PM (CDT)

Seriously, Give me a 60+ GB touch, with better battery life and my money is yours Steve Jobs. add external side buttons for song skipping, a speaker and better headphones and my first born child could be yours as well.

I cant believe some people think its unlikely that there is a 64gb touch. Its a very real possibility. Apple releasing yet another 32gb touch would be very uneventfully, and i don’t think anyone would care. apple surely doesn’t want that.

Posted by Brian on September 2, 2008 at 8:54 PM (CDT)

haha… I got it! ROCK BAND FOR THE IPOD TOUCH lol

Posted by sig on September 3, 2008 at 8:10 AM (CDT)

I too have been holding off getting the touch… recently got a 160G Classis.  If they release a 64G Touch I will buy it in a heatbeat… but will still keep my 160G for backup and long trips.

Posted by Bob Beckel on September 3, 2008 at 9:36 AM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >