Apple shipping 1GB iPod shuffles | iLounge News

Apple shipping 1GB iPod shuffles

Following fairly widespread availability of 512MB models, several iLoungers report that Apple is now shipping 1GB iPod shuffle orders from its online store. However, we have yet to hear about 1GB models making their way into stores. With these shipping notices, there is a good chance you will soon be able to find the larger capacity iPod shuffle model at Apple Stores across the United States.

« Mac: iPod Access 3.2 released

DLO responds to iBoom issues [updated] »

Comments

God bless America!!

Posted by Flatso on January 20, 2005 at 10:17 AM (CST)

Whoo! Hopefully that means mine’s shipping soon.

Posted by mattwardfh in Texas on January 20, 2005 at 10:21 AM (CST)

I just got an email saying mine shipped yesterday and should be arriving today.

Posted by deepfriedd on January 20, 2005 at 12:24 PM (CST)

deepfriedd,

When did you order your shuffle?

For that matter, anyone else who gets a message oughtta let us know when they ordered it and when it shipped…  So we impatient others can have a bit of a timetable.  ;)

Posted by SPThom on January 20, 2005 at 1:14 PM (CST)

SPThom,

Here is some info for ya.

Order Date
01/11/2005
12:48 PM PST

Ship Date
01/19/2005

I have the tracking number but its has not been scanned by FedEx.  I can’t wait.

Posted by Funkyjive on January 20, 2005 at 1:47 PM (CST)

I got mine 2 hours later and my ship date is the 27th what the hell? Here’s my info…

Order Date
01/11/2005
02:36 PM PST

Ship date
01/27/05

Posted by jasontho in Phoenix on January 20, 2005 at 2:29 PM (CST)

I ordered mine the afternoon of Macworld;  I originally ordered a 512mb, but cancelled that order to move up to a 1gb.

My ship date was supposedly “on or before the 24th”, and it shipped on the 19th.

BTW, it’s here and charging.  It’s smaller than I thought it would be.

Posted by deepfriedd on January 20, 2005 at 2:47 PM (CST)

Jasontho and funky, what size did you guys get?  That could explain the difference in ship date.

Just a thought, I could be wrong.

Any complaints with anybody yet, i think I’ve convinced myself (somehow) that I ‘need’ one of these (I already have a 3g20gig, and couldn’t be happier), but would rather hear some of the praises/ horror stories before I buy one.
Thanks

Posted by djfeld01 on January 20, 2005 at 2:53 PM (CST)

jason,

I think what you’re seeing is just the estimated ship date.  I imagine Funkyjive’s said the same thing before it shipped.

Here’s my info so far:

Order Date
01/12/2005
03:39 PM PST

Est. Ship Date
On or before
1/28/2005

So I’m gonna cross my fingers and hope to hear about it…  tomorrow?  :?

Posted by SPThom on January 20, 2005 at 2:53 PM (CST)

Jason, just shows you why Apple’s site was malfunctioning on the 11th. So many orders coming in each second created that. So you order two hours later and you wait one more week.

:p

Posted by AppleFreak on January 20, 2005 at 3:45 PM (CST)

I did order the 1GB on the 11th and the est. ship date was “on or before the 24th” but shipped on the 19th.  I also have the 2g20g with a battery that lastest about two hours now.

Posted by Funkyjive on January 20, 2005 at 4:00 PM (CST)

Mine was ordered on 1/11 with a ship date of
2/26.  It shipped on 1/19 (2 day), but FedEx has not scanned it yet. I am hoping to see it tomorrow.

dewarner

Posted by dewarner on January 20, 2005 at 6:50 PM (CST)

1GB iPod Shuffle

Order Date
01/11/2005
04:26 PM PST

Shipped
1 Shipped 01/19/2005

Should arrive on 21st or 22nd from the tracking.

Posted by parrishjason on January 20, 2005 at 7:08 PM (CST)

1GB Shuffle
Order Date
01/17/05
03:29 PM PST

Due: On or before 2/15/2005

Posted by JMAC in NC,USA on January 20, 2005 at 9:07 PM (CST)

I called into the SF Apple Store last Saturday (15th) and spoke with one of the staff who said they had just had a delivery of 1GB Shuffles that morning - needless to say they were sold out by midday!

Posted by MadPict in UK on January 20, 2005 at 11:10 PM (CST)

1GB Shuffle
Order Date
01/15/05
05:52 PM PST

Est. Ship
On or before
02/15/2005

Posted by tracer302 on January 20, 2005 at 11:15 PM (CST)

i ordered one at the apple store way back on the 11th at around lunch time PST and it was still in ‘open’ status and had an est ship date on the 26th of Jan… As soon as i woke up this morning, i received an email from the apple store… my gig’s on its way! And its kinda ironic cause i live in Granada Hills and its coming from Vernon which is somewhere in Central LA… my regular ground shipping turned into next day delivery, or rather, SAME DAY delivery… got it around 8 this evening.. now it’s safely charging by my ibook… ‘nuff said. =p

Posted by crunch98 in Manila/LA on January 21, 2005 at 1:45 AM (CST)

Damn lucky you.

Posted by theanimaster in Bangkok on January 21, 2005 at 2:21 AM (CST)

Wow, glad I jumped the gun and ordered it on the 12th.  Looks like if I’d waited till the weekend to order, I’d have gotten hit by that up-to-a-month delay.

Here’s hoping you Feb 15’ers get them much sooner!

Posted by SPThom on January 21, 2005 at 2:49 AM (CST)

I guess I’ll just have to be patient…

Ok, I’m done being patient, I WANT IT NOW!!!!
hahaha, it will come eventually.

Posted by jasontho in Phoenix on January 21, 2005 at 11:29 AM (CST)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >