Apple shows seventh-generation iPod nano, new shuffle colors
Apple has introduced the completely redesigned seventh-generation iPod nano, capturing many of the best features of the prior-generation fifth- and sixth-generation models. Now complete with a 240- by 432-pixel resolution (202ppi) 2.5” touchscreen and Home Button, the new nano has integrated volume and track control buttons, widescreen video capabilities, and a Lightning port at the bottom. Support for photos has been added back, while fitness, pedometer, and FM radio features remain from prior generations. Bluetooth 4.0 has been added as well.
Audio playback of 30 hours is promised, with video playback of up to 3.5 hours. The new device measures 3.01 × 1.56 × 0.21”, with a total weight of 1.1 ounces.
Eight colors of the new nano are available, including silver, blue, green, yellow, black, purple, pink, and red. The new model will be available in October for $149, with a 16GB capacity as the only initial option.
Apple’s previously-released fourth-generation iPod shuffle has also received a number of new colors—black, silver, pink, red, yellow, green, blue, and purple versions will be available for $49, each at 2GB capacity. Notably, the orange iPod shuffle has disappeared from the lineup, and some of the prior pink, blue, and green versions appear to have been replaced with new tones. The silver version appears to be unchanged from the original model.
- Apple intros space gray iPod touch, nano, shuffle
- Apple selling refurb seventh-gen iPod nano
- Apple releases software update 1.0.2 for 7th-gen iPod nano
- iPod nano 7G torn down, 220 mAh battery inside
- HardCandy Cases debuts new Nano Clip
- Apple releases iPod nano 7G software 1.0.1
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?