Apple shows seventh-generation iPod nano, new shuffle colors
Apple has introduced the completely redesigned seventh-generation iPod nano, capturing many of the best features of the prior-generation fifth- and sixth-generation models. Now complete with a 240- by 432-pixel resolution (202ppi) 2.5” touchscreen and Home Button, the new nano has integrated volume and track control buttons, widescreen video capabilities, and a Lightning port at the bottom. Support for photos has been added back, while fitness, pedometer, and FM radio features remain from prior generations. Bluetooth 4.0 has been added as well.
Audio playback of 30 hours is promised, with video playback of up to 3.5 hours. The new device measures 3.01 × 1.56 × 0.21”, with a total weight of 1.1 ounces.
Eight colors of the new nano are available, including silver, blue, green, yellow, black, purple, pink, and red. The new model will be available in October for $149, with a 16GB capacity as the only initial option.
Apple’s previously-released fourth-generation iPod shuffle has also received a number of new colors—black, silver, pink, red, yellow, green, blue, and purple versions will be available for $49, each at 2GB capacity. Notably, the orange iPod shuffle has disappeared from the lineup, and some of the prior pink, blue, and green versions appear to have been replaced with new tones. The silver version appears to be unchanged from the original model.
- Apple selling refurb seventh-gen iPod nano
- Apple releases software update 1.0.2 for 7th-gen iPod nano
- iPod nano 7G torn down, 220 mAh battery inside
- HardCandy Cases debuts new Nano Clip
- Apple releases iPod nano 7G software 1.0.1
- iPod nano 7G unboxing, comparison gallery posted
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- New Apple online store design alters focus, hides deals
- Apps: ABC Aquarium, Disney Jr. Appisodes, Pinterest 2.4 + Pocket Informant Pro 3.0
- Report: iOS 7 could see Flickr, Vimeo integration
- Apple CEO Cook testifies on taxes, faces Senate critics
- Google Play Music All Access to get iOS app support?
- Senate subcommittee accuses Apple of tax avoidance
- AT&T: All video chat apps will work over cellular in 2013
- Apple releases testimony before CEO’s Senate appearance
- New Apple offers in India can reduce iPhone price
- Report: Apple testing 1.5” OLED displays for iWatch
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- New Trent iCarrier IMP120D Dual USB Power Pack
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- MyCharge Freedom 2000 Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Nike Nike+ FuelBand
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address