Apple shows seventh-generation iPod nano, new shuffle colors
Apple has introduced the completely redesigned seventh-generation iPod nano, capturing many of the best features of the prior-generation fifth- and sixth-generation models. Now complete with a 240- by 432-pixel resolution (202ppi) 2.5” touchscreen and Home Button, the new nano has integrated volume and track control buttons, widescreen video capabilities, and a Lightning port at the bottom. Support for photos has been added back, while fitness, pedometer, and FM radio features remain from prior generations. Bluetooth 4.0 has been added as well.
Audio playback of 30 hours is promised, with video playback of up to 3.5 hours. The new device measures 3.01 × 1.56 × 0.21”, with a total weight of 1.1 ounces.
Eight colors of the new nano are available, including silver, blue, green, yellow, black, purple, pink, and red. The new model will be available in October for $149, with a 16GB capacity as the only initial option.
Apple’s previously-released fourth-generation iPod shuffle has also received a number of new colors—black, silver, pink, red, yellow, green, blue, and purple versions will be available for $49, each at 2GB capacity. Notably, the orange iPod shuffle has disappeared from the lineup, and some of the prior pink, blue, and green versions appear to have been replaced with new tones. The silver version appears to be unchanged from the original model.
- Apple intros space gray iPod touch, nano, shuffle
- Apple selling refurb seventh-gen iPod nano
- Apple releases software update 1.0.2 for 7th-gen iPod nano
- iPod nano 7G torn down, 220 mAh battery inside
- HardCandy Cases debuts new Nano Clip
- Apple releases iPod nano 7G software 1.0.1
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?