Apple Store: Save $30 on $299 or more | iLounge News

Apple Store: Save $30 on $299 or more

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Tuesday, February 3, 2004
News Categories: Deals

Apple has announced a new ‘Celebrate and save’ promotion for Valentine’s Day. “Buy online at the Apple Store by February 14 and you can save $30 instantly on any order totaling $299 or more. It’s the perfect opportunity to give your special valentine the iPod they’ve been wanting so they can take the music they love with them wherever they go. The new 15GB model costs only $299 and holds more than 3700 songs in a package that looks and feels as elegant as it sounds. Place your order today and you can add laser engraving for free and save $30 instantly as well.” Note: Free engraving ends March 27, 2004. You must use claim code KQYUV9U97W to redeem your savings.

« iTunes Music Store attracts criticism

Roku SoundBridge allows music anywhere in your home »

Comments

Ummm, I do believe that those claim codes are completly unique. You code is different from mine as well as 2 of my friends’.

Posted by Adster on February 3, 2004 at 9:40 PM (PDT)

Can you couple that with a student coupon?

Posted by Gil on February 4, 2004 at 11:54 AM (PDT)

Ooops, I meant student DISCOUNT?

Posted by Gil on February 4, 2004 at 11:54 AM (PDT)

Yes, you can use that with the education discount. You have to get the 20 or 40gb version though to keep the price above 299.00

Posted by Dan on February 5, 2004 at 8:17 AM (PDT)

I didn’t realize that any sales could be combined with the student discount.  If so, that’s amazing.  And it may make me purchase through apple.com rather than buy at the Apple Store in SoHo next week.

Posted by Brian on February 5, 2004 at 8:28 AM (PDT)

I tried using the education discount with the code for a 15GB and added the Apple Protection plan to get the total over 299 but it didn’t work.

Posted by Jeff on February 5, 2004 at 9:36 AM (PDT)

You can’t use the discount with the education discount.  I just found that info on the Terms and Conditions portion of the electronic code.

Posted by Jeff on February 5, 2004 at 9:38 AM (PDT)

Thanks for the research guys.  I didn’t think it’d be possible, but it’s always worth trying.  That engraving thing is so blah.  Does anyone actually care?

Posted by Gil on February 5, 2004 at 10:40 AM (PDT)

I noticed the iPod Store sells the P9244LL/A model of the 20GB iPod and the retail stores sell the M9244LL/A model of the 20GB.  Is there any difference?  I want to get the discount but make sure I am getting the latest model.

Posted by Ben on February 8, 2004 at 8:49 PM (PDT)