Apple Store UK Confirms iPod Accessories
Apple UK has confirmed rumours that the Mac maker will introduce a set of iPod accessories, almost certainly later today when the company unveils the Windows version of iTunes and opens its iTunes Music Store to Wintel users.
“‘Rumours site’ Think Secret has been touting such peripherals for some time, and yesterday cited sources who claim a microphone and a memory card reader will be among the items Apple will offers as iPod options. Apple will also ship a firmware update - taking the device’s on-board software to version 2.1 - to allow the portable music player to use the new add-ons.
Alas, it appears only the latest generation of iPods can make use of the peripherals, but here’s hoping.
The story is confirmed by Apple’s UK online store which has a graphic on its front page advertising “Hot iPod Accessories”. The player “now records your voice and stores more than tunes,” it burbles.”
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?