Apple Stores open ‘til midnight, two iPhones per person
Apple has announced that it will be keeping all 164 of its retail stores open until midnight tomorrow, June 29, for the launch of the iPhone, and providing online availability information from its retail store’s web site. Beginning Saturday, and continuing through the summer, Apple Stores in the US will open daily at 9:00 a.m. for iPhone sales, and eager iPhone customers will be able to check their local stores’ iPhone availability beginning at 9:00 p.m. the night before. iPhones will also be available for online purchase from Apple’s web site starting at 6PM on the 29th, with free shipping.
Purchases of the iPhone will be limited to two per person, on a first come, first served basis, unlike the one per person limits imposed at AT&T stores. Support for the new handset will be provided at the each Apple Store’s Genius Bar, and personal training will be offered through Apple’s new One on One program. Beginning Saturday morning, free, in-depth workshops on how to get the most out of iPhone will be offered throughout the day at all stores.
“Apple retail stores were created for this moment—to let customers touch and experience a revolutionary new product,” said Ron Johnson, Apple’s senior vice president of Retail. “With our legendary Genius Bar support, free workshops and our One to One personal training, we’re here to help customers get the most from their new iPhone.”
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 4 to developers, adds Apple Watch support
- Apple Pay coming to Canada in March?
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 2 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.2, fixing missing ringtones issue
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014