Apple sued over iPod battery life | iLounge News

Apple sued over iPod battery life

Apple today filed its quarterly report with the Securites and Exchange Commission. The report listed several lawsuits against Apple, one of which was five plaintiffs;  Craft, Chin, Hughes, Westley and Keegan “filed purported class action cases in various Northern California courts alleging misrepresentations by the Company relative to iPod battery life. The complaints include causes of action for violation of California Civil Code Section

Also noted in the report were net sales for iPod.

iPod unit sales: 733,000, up 235% from Q4 2003 to Q1 2004
iPod net sales: $256 million, up 216% from from Q4 2003 to Q1 2004
Quarter ending 12/27/03

“Net sales of peripherals and other hardware rose $281 million or 129% during the first quarter of 2004 compared to the same quarter in 2003. This increase is due primarily to the significant year-over-year increase in iPod net sales of $175 million or 216%.

« More disdain for Pepsi iTunes ad

Mac: Connect iPod, iTunes crashes in OS X 10.3 »

Comments

Captain AMerica are u dissing me?you must agree Ian is a bell.

Posted by THE DEVILS ADVOCATE on February 17, 2004 at 2:30 PM (CST)

Dear DEVILS ADVOCAT. You lost me there. Since english is not my mothertongue (as I mentioned before) I’m not sure what you are trying to tell me. Dissing you? I’m at a loss here. Being a bell could mean American (Liberty Bell or so).

However, the color of Ian’s passport is of no matter to me, I’m trying to give here some technical support for people with a problem concerning their iPod-battery, which might have become clear for anybody reading my last few postings.

Posted by cAPTAIN aMERICA on February 18, 2004 at 12:29 PM (CST)

George Bush—PLEASE don’t assume that because I am American, I support GWB.  I think he’s an ass (understatement).  Tony Blair either is an ass as well for going to war based on nothing, or he was duped by GWB (entirely possible) and is screwed politically because of that.

US Medicine—Two issues: (1) US healthcare and (2) US healthcare insurance.  As for US healthcare itself, the US healthcare system is top notch.  As for the US healthcare INSURANCE system, yeah, it sucks.  For-profit doctors, for-profit hospitals and for-profit insurance companies—this leaves the patients screwed.

Other Countries—I practice US immigration law, allowing those desiring to come to the United States to live their lives to do so (although it appears that no one on this forum wants that!)—I have nothing against Brits or anyone else.

Ipod Batteries—the 2rd gen batteries do not perform as advertised.  Apple blew it.  Does it deserve a law suit?  Maybe, maybe not.  The class action will result in lawyers getting $$, and the Ipod owners getting a discount on a battery or future purchase (ie we lose).

Comments about America—I’ll take the high road—one comment—someone said that the US was the home of microsoft—I believe it’s the home of Apple as well.

Best . . .

Posted by Ian from US on February 18, 2004 at 12:53 PM (CST)

Nice one, Ian!

Just a technical correction, batteries in the 2nd generation were the same as in the 1st generation. The 3rd generation has got the weaker ones, as I posted before.

Talking of countries to be home of, oh well, there’s simply no point in that. GB is the home of lemoncurd, Switzerland is the home of chocolate (the one you can buy in blocs) and in Irak the first real city was built. So what.

Posted by cAPTAIN aMERICA on February 19, 2004 at 9:16 AM (CST)

@ first i wasn’t going to post a comment, merely read, recall and reflect on what was useful.  I am a firm believer that ignorance should be painful, since it’s not i’m compelled to chastise and browbeat such offenders in hopes of smacking some sense into those thick skulls.  As far as the US’ medical and legal systems are dumb and Wisconsin accents are terrible, i should point out that first of all we are communicating to each other in english demonstrating that the world molds itself and languages to the dominant society and culture of the time, which happens to be America @ present(most of the western world learned latin once upon a time).  There is no perfect country, never has been, never will be… because man himself is fallible.
Wisconsin was and is largley populated by peoples of scandinavian decent: Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Denmark and parts of northern Germany. To say their accents suck is to “diss” half of western europe where i assume you hail from.
The rest of American accents derive from the rest of the planet, as many cultures came and still come here to settle and pursue a better life, part of that pursuit is having legal representation to protect the populus from exploitation.

Posted by omar1s on July 20, 2005 at 3:05 AM (CDT)

I should also point out that English itself is a Proto-Germanic language and subsequently a scandinavian tongue.(England being invaded and ruled several times in history by various Gothic/Visi-Gothic/ and Viking tribes ie. the Saxons and the Normans) So… should you be British, Welch, Scottish, Anglish, Irish, Pictish or of any of the tribes of Britannia then you too have a horrible accent Devil.

Posted by omar1s on July 20, 2005 at 3:43 AM (CDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3