Apple to hold ‘Showtime’ event on September 12th | iLounge News

Apple to hold ‘Showtime’ event on September 12th

image

Apple today confirmed that it will hold a special event on Tuesday, September 12th at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco, California. An invitation sent to select media, including iLounge, features Hollywood premiere-style spotlights and reads simply, “It’s Showtime.” The event will kick off at 10:00 a.m. PT.

Reports of a September 12th press event first surfaced last week after the hosts of the Your Mac Life radio show and European Apple enthusiast websites claimed to have knowledge of the event. Apple’s date choice appears to be intentional, as the event will overlap with the opening day of this year’s Apple Expo in Paris, France, an international Mac and iPod show the company declined to grace with a keynote.

Analysts have speculated that Apple will use a September event to launch numerous product and service offerings, ranging from new iPod nano and video models to a 23-inch iMac, new iPod-inspired phone and a movie download service. Such speculation rarely proves entirely accurate, however, as few people know Apple’s plans for certain until the event actually takes place. As always, iLounge will be on hand with updates.

« Analyst: Apple’s iPod phone set for production

SendStation giving away 20,000 iTunes song downloads »

Comments

“It’s Showtime.”

iPod widescreen and new video nano with larger screen.

Posted by moo on September 5, 2006 at 11:48 AM (CDT)

People on Tuesday 12th of September, I introduce the beginning of The iPod Season.

Posted by nationalnetworks on September 5, 2006 at 11:52 AM (CDT)

Hmm, I wish they’d introduce another ipod shuffle..Updates looks and feel, etc.

Posted by :3 on September 5, 2006 at 12:11 PM (CDT)

“new video nano with larger screen”

Why do people want video on a nano so much? Why would you want to watch videos on a screen that’s smaller than 2.5”? Besides, how much videos AND music can you fit on a nano even if it has 8 GB?

Posted by Nobody on September 5, 2006 at 12:26 PM (CDT)

I really hope there will be a new ipod.
I have held back getting any ipod since my ipod mini died.
So far I have missed out, the photo, nano, and now video.
Hope my wait will pay off.

Posted by Anton on September 5, 2006 at 12:27 PM (CDT)

Showtime relates to movies, which means the annoucement will probably be about an iTunes movie service.
They may well introduce new iPods, but I doubt that will be the main focus of the events.

Posted by Liam on September 5, 2006 at 12:28 PM (CDT)

I want my iPony.

Posted by Greg on September 5, 2006 at 12:59 PM (CDT)

ITMovieS…movies, obviously, downloaded like tv or tunes currently….

and a revised airport that streams movies to tv from computer….so these movies are high enough res to play in HD:  the only way paying $15 for a new release is “worth it”.

(gleaned from other mac sites…makes the most sense to me)

Posted by OnlyShawn on September 5, 2006 at 1:03 PM (CDT)

guys… the name of the event is “It’s Showtime”, and they invited Ilounge, so obviously we’re talking here about a new iPod with expanded video capabilities or, at least, the full movie download service on iTunes…

Posted by dhoyos on September 5, 2006 at 1:10 PM (CDT)

i dont want to see a new ipod…! i just got the Ipod 60g video… and in venezuela it is really expensive. :(

Posted by rob on September 5, 2006 at 1:11 PM (CDT)

duh obviously ... coz you are apple.

Posted by duh on September 5, 2006 at 1:13 PM (CDT)

i want to see a larger capacity hdd in a video iPod like an 80GB…i could care less about buying movies on iTunes or an upgraded nano…

Posted by mike H on September 5, 2006 at 1:26 PM (CDT)

From the event name, it seems certain that they will debut new movie downloads for iTunes, but I wouldn’t bet on anything else.  They may not even announce any iPods- although I hope they do.

Posted by dodo on September 5, 2006 at 1:30 PM (CDT)

I want a external battery for my nano. One that runs on AA batterys

Posted by nationalnetworks on September 5, 2006 at 1:48 PM (CDT)

Hey, when they mensioned Red Therater Curtains, they released the iPod 5G and Frontrow. If its showtime that means movies, so I guess new iMac, iMovies (for buying or renting, not iLife program), and updates to all the iPods. The nano might be replaced, but I expect a new version like the Mini.

Posted by nationalnetworks on September 5, 2006 at 1:55 PM (CDT)

iPod 5G Video is widescreen already.  It asks you. They might introduce true widescreen, 16:9 aspect ratio

Posted by Justin on September 5, 2006 at 2:27 PM (CDT)

i hear that this event may announce the introduction of a new mac mini with an up’d spec…...i guess we have a few days to wait to find out.
but obviously he main thing everyone is waiting for is the new ipod.

Posted by Tristan Woods on September 5, 2006 at 2:36 PM (CDT)

I really am hoping for MacMini with DVR capability. And, Apple decided not using Intel ever again.

Posted by owen on September 5, 2006 at 2:59 PM (CDT)

what about a global itunes store?

I am sick of the country restrictions, it is soooo stupid ( I know it comes from the media companies)

Posted by Just-me on September 5, 2006 at 3:17 PM (CDT)

“It’s Showtime”

Yup, new widescreen iPods.

Posted by Jesse on September 5, 2006 at 4:07 PM (CDT)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >