Apple to hold special event on Feb. 28 | iLounge News

Apple to hold special event on Feb. 28

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, February 21, 2006
News Categories: Apple

imageApple has sent out an invitation to select media, including iLounge, to a special event that will be held at Apple headquarters in Cupertino, California on February 28th.

The invitation, which only features the iCal-like calendar image shown right, reads: “Come see some fun new products from Apple.” The special event begins at 9:00 a.m. at Apple Town Hall, Building 4.

iLounge has confirmed with Apple that this event will be taking place and is not a hoax like the email sent out last week purporting to be an Apple invitation to a special event on March 1st.

« Griffin ships TuneFlex for iPod nano

NBC offers ‘Conviction’ pilot for free on iTunes »

Comments

Let the wild speculation begin!!!

Posted by bennyprofane on February 21, 2006 at 11:05 AM (PDT)

YEah can’t wait!!

Posted by Jonathan Keim on February 21, 2006 at 11:12 AM (PDT)

Oh F. I just got my checkbook back in the black..

Posted by Hellbus on February 21, 2006 at 11:17 AM (PDT)

Bugger - payday…... DAMN YOU APPLE!!!!!!!!! :D

Posted by Piarco75 on February 21, 2006 at 11:26 AM (PDT)

I knew there was a reason I got my tax stuff off to the accountant early…. refund time! wink

Posted by m.sherman on February 21, 2006 at 11:30 AM (PDT)

It’s not far away either

Posted by rustynano on February 21, 2006 at 11:34 AM (PDT)

I started a forum where you can vote for what you think will be there. It is in the “future ipod” forum.
Just say what you wish to predict and then we’ll find out who was the closet. There is a point system I made up to help find the winner.
There is also a poll if you want to vote for what you think has the greatest chance of being unveiled

Posted by Jonathan on February 21, 2006 at 11:54 AM (PDT)

the real ipod video?

Posted by lee w on February 21, 2006 at 11:54 AM (PDT)

yep “real” ipod video

Posted by originalgeek on February 21, 2006 at 12:22 PM (PDT)

Nah, it’ll be something anticlimactic, like a new iPod cable that lets you clip a pen to it, and which the reviewers will all interpret in a fantastic new light.

Posted by Ernie Oporto on February 21, 2006 at 12:30 PM (PDT)

BTW, when are the battery settlent coupons supposed to be sent out?  I thought that was a done deal about 2 months ago?

Posted by Obadiah on February 21, 2006 at 12:31 PM (PDT)

Please say it’s an Intel iBook.

Posted by boilerjay on February 21, 2006 at 12:40 PM (PDT)

Great.  my 5G w/ video is now obsolete.  I’ve had it for a month.

Posted by smiling skull on February 21, 2006 at 12:44 PM (PDT)

I really want them to bring out a mac mini DVR type dealio

Posted by Bruno on February 21, 2006 at 12:44 PM (PDT)

I don’t think this is going to be a huge announcement…otherwise they would have rented out the Moscone Center like they typically do. This seems like more of a low key product announcement.

Posted by Todd on February 21, 2006 at 12:44 PM (PDT)

“I just had a hunch I should wait before purchasing the gen 5 iPod.  Hopefully that decison will pay off on Feb 28.”

But it’s an opportunity cost; think about the fact that you do not have a 5th gen iPod right now.  Is that paying off?  Or do you think you could be getting a lot out of having a 5th gen right now?

I just don’t understand the people that constantly want to put off buying anything for fear that a “new” thing will come out next month.  Sure, put off the purchase, but realize you’re giving up having the current device to use *now*.

Posted by m.sherman on February 21, 2006 at 12:59 PM (PDT)

Relax Relax, just some fun accessories stuff like maybe a boombox? Will be stupid for them not to get into this market.

Posted by daveworld on February 21, 2006 at 12:59 PM (PDT)

their not going to announce another iPod..its waaaay to early. I wonder what it is tho..hmm.

Posted by Jesse on February 21, 2006 at 1:04 PM (PDT)

Definitiely not an ipod. 5G is way to recent, I’d wait until august / september / november for any new major iPod news. This is of course excluding April 1st, which I still don’t know about.

Well - probably the boombox, a diff. price on the mini/new version, or maybe shuffle accessories since they’re selling more now…

Posted by kp on February 21, 2006 at 1:20 PM (PDT)

April 1st is the day to speculate about. February 28 is probably an event to hype April 1st:)

Posted by Fade on February 21, 2006 at 1:28 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 4 pages  1 2 3 >  Last »